Péages refuse foreign visa

I cannot recommend enough getting a, Liber-T tag for your car - just a bill whenever you use you car on an autoroute.

When approaching the Toll booth, head to a lane indicated with an orange T and before you get to the barrier, you tag will bleep and barrier raises. So much easier than cards or cash and doesn’t matter if you are Left hand or right hand drive.

Available to all UK & French drivers (and others)

3 Likes

So agree. Invaluable for our old RHD merc.

And it’s correct in 50% of cases :wink:

cost?

2 euros à month for only when you use it

2 Likes

If you’re lucky or at the right time you can usually get a year or two (or maybe 6 months if they’re feeling mean) free from the fee so all you pay is the cost of the toll itself for a time.

We have a Bip and Go account and we just pay the tolls except an annual fee (14€) if the device isn’t used in 12 months.

1 Like

The Ulys Classic is currently offered for 0€ for 12 months then 2,00 €/month used. That said, we do not bother, the only toll we ever use, once a year, costs 0.89€.

https://abonnement2.vinci-autoroutes.com/?code=EVA3&promo=ETE22&ref=ventes_flash

Another vote here for the BipandGo / LiberT tag gadgets - sold in the UK by Emovis, if you are still UK-based and want to pay in pounds.

I’ve had one for several years and use it both in the car and on my motorbike, most recently last week on a trip down to Charente and back on the motorbike. It works well with both - on a motorbike you just have to remember to use the “normal” tag lanes that have a barrier (marked with a T), not the “drive through” lanes, or you will be charged the full car rate instead of the reduced motorcycle rate.

I had only one issue this time, on my way back when checking in at the toll on the A10 at Poitiers-Sud, when the system didn’t “see” my tag - but I pressed the call button on the machine and the operator issued a ticket for me (which somewhat alarmingly disappeared straight back inside the slot!) and then I was “in the system” and all the following toll gates recognised my “badge” successfully. I suspect I may have ridden up to the first gate a bit too quickly, I think it helps to approach the gate nice and slowly so it has time to register, and to realise that you are on a motorbike not in a car.

If you are on a motorcycle (Class 5) but the system charges you the rate for a car (Class 1) you can request a fee adjustment through the Emovis website.

But far easier and quicker than fiddling around with card payment (especially on a motorcycle in the rain!)

2 Likes