Pellet vs woodburner

On the site they have a diagram showing the level at which exhaust pipes from different grades of stoves can exit, and this one seems to be just a couple of meters up.

1 Like

I believe flue dampers are not allowed in France.

You could always waste a few minutes on this site

I think the damper is for his house in the UK.

1 Like

Thats ok then.

I think a Clé de Tirage are only allowed in the collar of the fire, its illegal to put one in the pipe in France, unless the law has changed.

Not according to this

Isn’t a chimney damper and a draft regulator two different things though.
One closes or narrows the chimney, while the other let’s cold air in through a pipe to reduce the gas temperature in the flue.

As @Griffin36 said, it’s for my home here in the UK.

1 Like

Chimneys for beginners videos? Interesting, but possibly more complex French than I possess as yet.

do you mean this

time to find out maybe :grin:

Access the site with the Chrome browser, right click and choose ‘Translate to English’ from the drop down menu. It’s surprisingly good and very convenient for this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Chrome is the one browser I won’t use, but iirc there are translation plugins for others. Thanks for the reminder.

Are the links on that page to videos or text? I can probably read enough to understand, but not interpret speech.

Fair enough (I’m like that about Bing) but the site has a space for asking questions at:-

https://www.poeleaboismaison.com/contact

1 Like

This website specifies the requirements for a Zone 3 exhaust

Requirements

• The thickness of the wall is maximum 40 cm and insulated from the fire
  • Installation conditions in zone 3 to be respected (see diagram ):
    • Terminal outlet at least 2m away from any ventilation air inlet located on the same wall, and from any opening
    • E : Terminal outlet at least 4m away from another wall with window or air and ventilation inlet
    • F : Output of the horizontal terminal at least 1m away from another wall without an opening
    • G : Output of the horizontal terminal at least 3m away from a fence, hedge or bare wall of a neighboring house (6m for a house with an opening)
    • Height of the horizontal terminal outlet at 2m (1m80 before installation of the horizontal terminal)
    • If there is a sparrow cover, it should not exceed 30 cm.
2 Likes

I’ve pinged off an enquiry to see if we can buy now but deliver in April when we’re next at the house, and also if they can offer a fitting service there. The prices really do seem very reasonable compared to so many stoves I’ve seen online.

Now to figure out how to get 100+ kg of stove up the steps and into the house.

Been there with a very large new woodburner. It took three of us. A must is to use thick canvas straps slung underneath to lift. Look after the back

Thanks for the tip. I’m sure ‘love will find a way’ but it may include a partial disassembly first, especially if we get a solid fuel cooker too.

Yes, I have exactly that, all fitted to normes.

1 Like