Planet earth

I thought so as well, that price was on espares I think and I am not convinced they are especially cheap - but the last time I looked I could not find it anywhere else. Probably doesn’t help that it is a Bosch.

1 Like

Thank you Paul. There is a plastic box at the back of the fridge so next time my big strong step-son is here I will get him to pull the fridge out and have a look at it. If that cures the problem then I will be very happy.

1 Like

Used to be, but I found service and staff way below the standard they used to be. More, computer says no, than real help or knowledge. Went direct to the manufacturer, got the advice, the shipment was v fast.

1 Like

Yep the plastic tray or the pipe leading to it can be blocked or split. Wash it all in diluted bleach as it’s quite nasty. Good luck

2 Likes

Thank you John.

1 Like

I did look on-line for the faulty control module but the price wasn’t much lower than the repair shop were going to charge so it made the decision to buy a new one machine very easy.

1 Like

As John says, more likely to be a blockage in the small drain pipe at the bottom back of the fridge. Give it a gentle poke with something small

2 Likes

OK Mark. Thank you.

1 Like

I had the same problem and poked in the hole with a tooth pick, it’s amazing the gunge that was there !

2 Likes

My very first tumble dryer and washing machine were Electrolux…had them before I had my kids and they saw me through years and years of daily use…I got the feeling that eventually after 12 years my tumble dryer was only held together by fluff…I left them at an old house as I moved to a house with built in appliances…I’d hazard a guess that my Electrolux were still going strong when I was tearing my hair out with “new appliances”…x :smile: .

2 Likes

I would definitely choose Faure/Electrolux again. They were inexpensive and simple so no flashy screens and they have just a few programs that suit me just fine.

1 Like

Thanks Mandy I’m taking note of the French equivalent…faure…I bought my fridge with me from uk so it’s not even 3 years old yet but it’s already dodgy…gonna try the toothpick…

Like you I really don’t need anything all singing and dancing…just simple to set…easy to work…common sense control…easy to switch on without consulting a thousand page instruction manual…functional and long lasting is all I want…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the tips about my fridge. Did the tooth pick thing and not had any water inside the fridge since. Very happy this is now sorted. Thanks again.

1 Like