PM Theresa May says there will be no attempt to remain inside EU

Jon I am a person who knows very little about the facts and figures of politics but it is

a sad thing I must tell....just about everyone has lost!

It was for the good of UK and those who came from there to venture areound the world to remain

within an alliance which has worked for so long. This alliance joined countries together to share

many responsabilities, pulled knowledge and assets.Not only has UK divorced herself from this relationship but she has gained a leader who seems as if she desires to atagonise and enflame the

situation further by declaring that she can not assure that Europeans will not be doperted!

This I have read many times.....is this her policy?

Last night I spoke to an old friend and, of course we talked ......she told me that UK is the least racist

country there is!

I think this statement can be interpreted in a number of ways:

1. There was a majority to leave the EU, so we will leave, whether we get good terms or not.

2. We will not "attempt" to stay in the EU but if the obstacles to withdrawl are too big, we might have to think again or ask the people again.

3. The admonishment of business about their lack of planning for Brexit indicates to me that she is saying "don't expect access to the single market". The Leavers said the EU needs us more than we need it, so we will proceed on that basis.

In any case the wider reforms to the business world, which she is proposing, should put Britain in a better position to prosper without the single market and for everyone to enjoy the resulting prosperity.

Of course the EU might reform itself in the 2 years after triggering article 50, so it could look completely different from the EU of 23rd June 2016.

I wept quietly.

John, are you going to make up the difference that we are losing because of the difference in exchange rate caused by Brexit?

If Brexit had gone the other way and the pound had soared against the euro, would you have given your surplus euros to those of us whose income is in euros and whose trips back to the UK would have suddenly become more expensive?

1 Like

Of course.

Anna, there is a great deal of difference between the cost of a holiday and everyday living expenses.

Many people keep sterling accounts for just such circumstances.

The Labour PLP don't do democracy.( Ask JC) So going into a General Election campaign with a manifesto to REMAIN will be easy for them. If they can get rid of Jeremy the Eurosceptic. There would also be a good chance that would be popular with a lot of people. Some 16 million voted IN. So the Brexiteers better get their fingers out and trigger article 50 and leave BEFORE the 2020 Election.

Brian, so it is OK for the PLP to stand by and continue to serve under a leader that does not lead or provide an adequate opposition. We are told he keeps his door shut and he has a snowball's chance in Hell of winning a General Election.

"37.4% is not a majority."

37.4% is a more than good enough majority in the light of the voters fraude quite probably committed by the remain side, just like it's fact that fraude was committed during the Scottish referendum. The good news is that this time they failed.

In this well-written article Dmitri Orlov vents his ideas concerning Brexit:

http://cluborlov.blogspot.fr/2016/06/firing-elites_28.html

Enjoy!!!

The statement "Brexit means Brexit" is inherently meaningless...though she intends it to mean 'BREXIT means Britain Exits'... Anybody who's ever paid attention to politics could see that there are so many variables to achieving the 'exit' that the statement commits nobody to anything.

The reality John is that outside the EU GB is stuffed on so many levels. The new PM (having switched from a remainer to a leaver overnight) should, in my opinion be awarded the same respect and credibility as her predecessor, who has run away and Boris, who has run away and Grove, who has run away and Farrago (sic), who has run away.......... Poor Theresa hasn't a clue what to do nor how to do it.

Your easily impressed Robin :-)

The article may be "well written" insofar as there's no typos Jan but concluding that having pretended to fire people on a reality show is a qualification to Govern is ludicrous.

Lord Sugar you're time has come :-)

You may well be right Peter but despite little having changed the UK will be outside the tent, IMO that's a big price to pay for a bit of window dressing.

Anna - can you put a profile photo up please? You are a too prolific and interesting poster not to have one! Thanks! X

Spot on. If Brxit isn't a total cock up I'm a banana :-)

John, I Think that is unfair. I feel that she is much more pragmatic than Cameron. I also hope that she is a better politician because I always thought that it was foolish to trust the British people on such an important subject.

She will still have to deal with the right wing awkward squad, who are licking their wounds because their candidate wasn't up to the mark.

It is not about winning. This is not a game. It was a big mistake for Mr Cameron to enter into the situation

of voting. As we have witnessed many people did not realise what they were doing and thought that by voting they would be able to buy a house for their grandchild,the price of their properties would rise and

that school life would change,the NHS would return to how it was when it worked well and that their would be an end to imigrants entering UK.

That is what people voted for when they voted to leave.

In their hearts, perhaps they did not concider that their vote was supporting

racism . But the inhabitants of UK are a mix of races and religions and I am pretty sure

that is unwise to change the course of history based on a vote made by people who are

probably unware of their actions.Europeans voting against other europeans and those who

came to England seeking a better life style and claiming the fincancial and social benefits....

voting to exile their neigbour who ventured into UK with the same desire.

e.