Podiatrist or Chiropodist?

OH went to the MT years ago and mentioned he had a nail problem on one foot. The doctor told him to go to a podologue, which he did, and all was dealt with.

1 Like

That’s why I suggested @AngelaR speak with her own Doc … depending on what’s wrong, the Doc is well-placed to offer advice and/or prescription if warranted… :+1:

1 Like

We got the impression that feet were beneath our MT…

3 Likes

They’re beneath us too, Fleur!

(Oops - sorry - couldn’t resist :roll_eyes: )

2 Likes

well they are at the end of his/her legs… :rofl: :rofl:

Our Doc is a general/family doctor… knows about more or less everything and often has “learner” doctors under his wing… he’s a treasure and I’ve (jokingly) forbidden him to retire…

If one has something wrong… then one mentions it to the Doc… and he advises…
(he also loves old cars so our conversations do criss-cross somewhat… )

1 Like

Did he say “hop it”?

3 Likes

You’ve nailed it!

4 Likes

You were quick off the Mark

1 Like

I’m afraid our doctor’s recent diagnoses have been somewhat fanciful…
For OH, three ruptured ankle ligaments after tripping. A theory which was knocked on the head by the kiné who said no ligaments were torn and demanded to know why an échographie had not been proposed.

Then for me, one lunchtime I felt faint, cold, shaky, weak and a bit confused. I managed to see the doc at 3pm. I was cold and shaking on his couch. He pronounced that it was an onset of la grippe, with a prescription for paracetamol and instructions to take to my bed with an extra duvet.

There was no way I had la grippe! In retrospect we think it could have been low blood sugar brought on by not having eaten much and the effort of moving furniture and other stuff in the morning. But I did retire to my cosy bed and watched some videos !

Oh dear… your experiences make me really glad our Doc is as he is…
He is extremely thorough, without being over the top…

Over 20 years ago, coming to France with really dodgy health problems, we needed to see a Doc immediately…
A local Brit gave us the name of a Doc not too far away… “he has a little English”… (very important in those early days).
Anyway, he accepted us onto his list of patients and we have thanked our lucky stars ever since… (yes, nowadays we do chat in French …)

1 Like

Just an addendum to what I posted earlier.

Because of being caught up in rather more serious medical problems, I still haven’t mentioned the fungal nail problem to the GP.

HOWEVER - meanwhile I tried what must have been the only proprietory paint-on treatment that I hadn’t tried before and much to my amazement, it has worked :scream:

I know these things vary a lot from person to person but in case anyone else wants to try it (it’s very pricey), it’s called Poderm and the reason I gave it a go was because I wanted to wear sandals this summer and you can get the nail varnish to go with it - the cleansing stuff gets painted on top and absorbed through the varnish. However, I’m now using it without varnish since the sandal season is more or less over up here.

2 Likes

I am so looking forward to wearing sandals/tongs next spring. Its been hard to be completely encased in shoes all year as they were so awful and nothing fitted or stayed on due to the angles of the toes. My DIL is proposing a pedicure when my feet are completely healed but I can’t bear my feet to be touched without collapsing in giggles.

1 Like