Poulet Fermier?

Ah… but I was always at home with hubby so had plenty of time to perfect things like this while looking after him. If you’re working and have lots of things to do then maybe a cooked chicken suits you better. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I once had a triple-yolk goose egg…
Now that’s big !

2 Likes

You lucky devil… bet is was delicious… Fried or Boiled ??

Eggs are rich in protein…

I love eggs. Absolutely my favourite food and, even though I say so myself, they are the things I cook best. Hubby used to love my perfectly cooked boiled and fried eggs and omelettes. We ate a lot of eggs as they are packed with nutrients and perfect for someone with a small appetite.

Now, my mum loves my scrambled eggs… :egg::fried_egg:

1 Like

They are even better than duck eggs for baking…delicious fried ; soft boiled about 10 minutes for use with soldiers ; about 18 - 20 for hard boiled…depends of course on size.
Normal weight is around 140g ; one of the first of this season weighed around 235g.

Actually I don’t normally buy precooked chickens - I love preparing food and whipping up culinary masterpieces :wink: but… sometimes I’m overwhelmed by the smell of roasting chickens and can’t resist. Normally they’re just so bloody tasty and great value. I wish I’d taken a pic!:grin:

1 Like

Wasn’t Salman Rushdie responsible for that slogan ?..or is it an urban myth ?

He may have well said it… as has probably half the world… but these adverts came out when he was still at school … :zipper_mouth_face:

I’d heard that he worked for the agency that dreamt up the advert

Googled it only to find it was Fay Weldon

1 Like

I have no idea which Agency came up with these Adverts… but they were done in 1965…

and SR joined an Advertising Agency in 1970… perhaps he did come up with some good ideas… didn’t he write something…:thinking:

Nuggets are much easier and quicker😲

1 Like

But harder to find in “free range”

Mmm… someone has found a free-range nugget in Australia… but a bit too far away…:upside_down_face:

Imagine… a poulet fermier nugget - now what on earth would that taste like?

Had a patient last night who thought the chicken for tea was lovely. It was an omelette. We reassured her it was on its way to being chicken

8 Likes

Could murder a plate of bacon and eggs right now, just a hint of ketchup on the side and some bread and butter to dip in the egg yolks !

Must remember to put them on my list for tomorrow’s shopping :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Omelettes…! Love ‘em…x :slight_smile:

One thing that I do think I’m actually not too bad at cooking…

Ignite grill to hot…light single ring Primus stove…(some may have gas but I haven’t…so…)

Big knob of butter in pan…leave to sizzle whilst vigourously beating four eggs…add to pan from height…grate cheese…preferably mature cheddar…add to beaten eggs in pan…wait until sides of the omelette start to puff up a bit…place pan under grill…go off and do something else for five minutes…suddenly remember that you were cooking dinner…and voila…! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes