PPE in French hospitals

Or perhaps a competent government - whereas the UK clearly doesn’t.

If only there had been a couple of months to prepare…

2 Likes

To split hairs (like infinitives ?) invites reciprocation if the boot is on the other foot but

France: 67,022,000(2019)
UK: 67,886,004(2020)

Source: Wikipedia; Worldometer gives 65 million for France and almost the same as above for the UK. Google also thinks the UK pips France at the post with 66.99m for France (2019) and 67.53m for the UK (also 2019).

Yes it’s disgraceful Mat but what do you expect from a nation run by a trou du cul.

Give it a break Mille, regardless of the small difference, Mark’s comments remain apposite. Focus on the substance not the minutiae.

1 Like

You’re a good man Tim but the above is whataboutery. By posting that you deflect from Bojo and Hancock’s incompetence. If you’re living in London you don’t give a damn what’s happening in New York. The BBC claims to be politically independent but it’s not and has never has been. BBC news on UK shitfests are often followed by a piece on real or contrived worse shitfests somewhere, any where in the World.

Ch 4 is the ONLY reliable source, God bless 'em.

2 Likes

Mark, I couldn’t agree with you more.

It’s not a deflection, I’m merely pointing out that whilst everyone worries or rants about how the UK government is handling the crisis the US response is chaotic despite it being the richest country in the world. Are Spain or Italy dealing with this well, do people have confidence that the French health service can cope? You slated the BBC but eulogised about C4, looking at broadcasters or media sources from other countries is surely the best way of seeing the global picture.

1 Like

I find France24 very good in this respect.

2 Likes

4 Likes

We watch that and Channel 4.

I often watch aljazeera for a ’ rounded’ perspective. It is much more informative on a global basis and hence more interesting than the largely domestic BBC.

and more accurate too.
I read an article on BBC news that indicated President Macron is France’s Prime Minister :upside_down_face:
Bit like France24 indicating the Queen is BloJo’s retired tea lady!

Mark, you are wrong, this is the new labour party leadershit with starmtrooper out front followed by wrong-daily and her support cronies bringing up the rear. I didnt see wurzel amongst them though, has he been banned to the allotment with Dabbott.

Do you know much of Kier Starmer’s policies yet? He comes across as far more intelligent and fit for the job than Boris Johnson.

The creation of names does come across initially as trying to belittle them but also appears as though you are concerned by the threat that these people may be against the current incompetent government.

3 Likes

Depends John,
There have been shortages but never critical according to my youngest daughter in law who is on the Covid wards in the local hospital. They were getting close to running out of masks about three weeks ago but new supplies arrived a couple of days before it got critical.

Mat, no i dont know much of his policies and basically i dont give damn about them. I live in France not the uk, I am not belittleing them, just passing on the names they already have. But lets face it, he cant do any worse than the last market gardner did, only equal or even better. I hope he does whip the labour party in to some respectable shape. Oh and i dont hold much for the present government either. I have never got worked up like some on here about the politics in the UK because at the end of the day they are all the same no matter what drivel they spout.

You must care a little to be so angry.

1 Like

Marijke, actually no i dont. and i am not angry either. The days of being “angry” are long long gone as is the careing.

You should get out more if safe to do so, in the middle of the countryside it’s dead at the best of times but I can get a 8 km walk in every day and not see anyone.
Too many people spend all day online even before the crisis, lol
Enjoy your day

1 Like

I thought 6.28km is the maximum length walk if not going beyond 1km from home and not going over your steps in concentric circles!

Agree but he’s being way too reasonable and balanced at present.