Preparing for winter 2022 - Help + Health

Well fix it…

Oops, sorry Barbara, I meant yours please!, my brains not keeping pace today so mixed up names :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Haricots verre sound awful !

3 Likes

That’s not entirely /exactly true.

There are some quite generic things, but I had been told that if registered as gîte I couldn’t (eg) offer music lessons?

As a rule I don’t think gites give music lessons?

However the musicians that live opposite me also run a Gite so it must be possible to have several different businesses.

But all jokes aside yes it is worth looking into what’s necessary and possible. But surely anyone serious about starting a business would do just that. If there are some hoops to jump through maybe it is worth it.

Also suggesting offering cookery classes to someone who was a professional chef doesn’t really seem that pie in the sky to me.

They are for making glass noodles :grin:

4 Likes

Aha. That’s because you are a gîte (so to speak !) which changes things. If you were an AE or rather MIcro entrepreneur you could offer music lessons and sell jewellery and…

1 Like

Not suggesting it would be Barbara, but @cat works in that world and I thought she might know where you might find a ghost writer.

Well a gite is a holiday home where fun begins and if the British people want to learn to cook well that is good news, But going on holiday can be about learning an art or a skill as long as all is OK with whoever it needs to be OK with.
In our last property the chamber of commerce said that we could do wine tastings if we wanted to.
Our French friends marched us there to get a Kabis…why we needed that i will never know,
Minestrone my way…

Chop all vegies into small dices.
Sweat chopped onions lets say 2 large in a little oil peanut is best.
When transparent add all other veg and continue cooking very slowly.
Add some chopped smoked bacon and continue cooking for 5 mins…then add 2 pints
chicken stock and cook for 15 mins.
Now the beans …we like cocoa beans usually dried, Soak over night and cook in a saucepan untill tender.
Add to soup at the lat 5 mins seasoning the soup with salt and pepper to taste., I like parmesan on top of my soup and i sometimes add a tiny amount of pasta to the soup. Very simple,

2 Likes

Typing on a small mobile phone whilst travelling on bumpy public transport, ahh well you had a snigger :relaxed:

1 Like

Almond Biscuit I have given up jumping through hoops I did that when I was young.
Most of the people i come across now settle at 6 with their gin and tonic and dream of their
cocoa arriving at 9.

Would you still need to get siret numbers for each activity? It is often quoted that one way to spot a scammer is to check the siret number and see what they are registered to do. British plumbers registered as cleaners…

Or is that only for activities that need a recognised qualification?

As a matter of interest, if I later discovered that I had some work done at my house by a person who’s siret number was for another type of work, and there was a problem with the work, is there any recourse?

Thanks Barbara, I’ll look forward to trying it, I make a lot of soup so nice to have someone’s tried recipe.

Yes we eat that soup often in winter.

1 Like

I guess depends whether insurance would be valid or not. You can always take them to a tribunal if it isn’t - but more complex.

1 Like

Thanks @JaneJones - this relates specifically to my current pump issue, so will post back on that thread when I get the info to post another update, as think may be looking for some advice and input :+1:

You can have multiple activities listed on an AE. One siret multiple activities.

1 Like