Property agents not responding

Which I think is what most people are saying in effect.

Thanks Simon. I actually do not want to agent bash lol. Just disappointed no response to properties really interested in.

A few have replied but sadly on properties that are then excluded. Ie they are semi detached / terraced but .nit stated in the description and photos do not show they are attached.

I am not sure how to prove we are not tome waters when they do not even respond. I do not want to say yes we want a viewing when i need info to decide if it meets all our criteria.

I guess its wait till.we are there .

I wish i could locate them , if its a large town / village i find it difficult without a name of the road. ,:slight_smile:

Iā€™ve previously contacted agents and asked what street the house Iā€™m interested in is located in, explaining that I want to see the location on google maps. Worked for me.

2 Likes

Will give it a go but uf they cant be bothered replying distance in km from town / village if detached etc i dont hold out much hope

Wow! Talk about shy bairns get nowt!

TBH it seemed the obvious thing to do - at the time there was no reason to think the French property process was very different from the UK. I would do it again, too.

1 Like

It must be frustrating, perhaps doorstep them when you arrive if they havenā€™t responded. They might be able to arrange the viewings at late notice?
I did get very adept at identifying property on Google Earth from the general angles of roofs/ background road signs/outbuildings etc shown in the listing photos! Hours and hours of studying both!

2 Likes

One biggish agent (I forget which) includes the cadastral drawing in the listing but they smudge out the name of the area. However they do leave the grid references along the top and sides so you can find the precise house very easily.

2 Likes

My experiences based on going throught the process now.

Some agents were poor at responding to intital queries.

But in general our experience is that estate agents in France are far, far better than agents in England. Its not even close.

Perhaps we are lucky having mainly used only two for our shortlist - the multi national beaux village and houseinthelimosin which seems to be dutch or german (and English speaking).

Yes in the Uk commission is small proportionately but with inflated house prices they have been making money for nothing.

Our experience in France has been nothing but positive - opposite in the UK.

I think youā€™ve given the reason right there!

I assume so, which is why i specified!

Yes Beaux villages replied but as at present we have a small budget plus with dogs quite specific needs they have nothing with them , same with Leggetts.

I have therefore been looking on Le Bon Coin , the French Notaire immobiliers etc.
Some are quite big organisations Safi , Iad etc. but still do not respond. Though in different areas the odd one has replied.

For example saw a property in the Lot et Garonne so messaged via Le Figaro where i saw it originally , then direct on agents site. Usual reply agent will be in touch but nothing. Then it comes through updated on email.under offer.
They obviously cant be bothered responding if its just going under offer.
Cā€™est la vie

1 Like

I have a friend who works here for Stephen Plaza of the TV fame who has many immobilier outlets. Have you tried them?

ā€œFingers in the crossā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

hi Shib , no lol never heard of him

1 Like

He has the saturday afternoon house buying programme on M6 and the doing up to sell programme on sunday afternoon M6

Heā€™s the French version of Kirsty and Phil, without being annoying like them.

:)lol. :slight_smile:

If you think Philā€™s annoying you should watch some of the US property shows, letā€™s see if you make it through just one episode of ā€˜My Lottery Dream Homeā€™.

1 Like