Property Categories for Tax Purposes

As I’ve said already, I have had it in writing from the Tax people that they have moved my house from one category to another category. Therefore, these categories must exist. The missing bit for me is the criteria they use to choose the category to base your taxes on.

The only “categorie” I have found on the gouv site is what they call… moving a property from …eg the modest to more substantial… and they do it the other way… if a previously substantial house falls into disrepair for example…

and one family had their taxes reduced to simply the value of the land when their house was destroyed by fire.

Whatever. As for the “odd publication”, I’m only citing it because it’s the only one I could find that mentions “categories”. I’m not trying to set out an argument, I’m just trying to explain the reason why I am trying to find the information. Different thing.

It would be useful if you could post us a copy of whatever you have in writing, where they are talking about categories and moving your property up a notch (or two).

You can always send me a private message with said info if you do not want it bandied on the open forum.

Hmmmm… Thanks. A bit vague on the gouv’s part, I would say. K

Not in my vocabulary. It’s not a negative comment, I don’t understand why you are being touchy.

It is not vague… (I have just not quoted every page)… it is all there on the government site… but it does take a bit of wading through.

I’m not meaning to. Just a bit frustrated as what started off as a simple question is becoming so wearisome. I wish I hadn’t asked now.

1 Like

Trouble is Keith… that we do not have the information that you have. You have your house… you have the documents from the Tax folk…

We are doing our best to answer…in these constrained conditions…

How do I send you a private message please ? K

I’m sorry.

1 Like

click on my name and a "businesst-card sized " thingy should pop up. You then hit Message and it will open a screen where you and I can talk privately.

Always willing to help if I can… you must be very frustrated/fed up.

Take a deep breath and message me…

I gave you an article in French layman’s terms. Goggle will turn it into English for you, whether it still means the same is anyone’s guess.
“Comment apprécier l’état d’entretien ?
… précisez l’état de votre habitation selon les critères suivants : « bon », si elle n’a besoin d’aucune réparation ; « assez bon », si elle n’a besoin que de petites réparations, « passable », si elle présente des défauts permanents dus à la vétusté, sans que ceux-ci compromettent son habitabilité ; « médiocre », si elle a besoin de réparations importantes ; « mauvais », si de grosses réparations doivent être effectuées dans toutes ses parties.
This describes 4 categories, and 4 categories is what was printed on my H1. I don’t know where you found a reference to 8 categories.

Hi everyone… I have found a French site with a pdf which explains the 8 categories… Interesting stuff.

https://www.atelier-taxeslocales.fr/taxes-locales_5_9.html

Well, mine’s gone from 7 to 6, so I’m guessing there must be more than four categories. Thank you for your reply though as this seems to be a little bit of progress. Getting there slowly. Also, I don’t think the form I filled in was an H1, I think it was a IL6704. Keith.

Thank you so much Stella. Much appreciated. I’ll try and take it from here. Kind regards, Keith

Hi Graham, No, it was an IL6704 form.