Purchasing a holiday home as non resident

Dole is our nearest airport, just over an hour away, though when I last checked in the spring there weren’t any flights from the UK going there.

I’d prefer a wooden shack to the tin shed with concrete floor at Marseilles.

Are you sure UK cars can’t tow French (registered) caravans in France? Once the caravan is coupled to a UK car and the French caravan registration plate replaced by the UK car’s registration the unit is legal with third party cover for the caravan automatically transferring to the car’s UK insurance.

They tend not to have flights to UK outside ski season. And last year was only the winter school holidays - two flights a week stuffed with children and grandchildren!

Otherwise it’s for the main immigrant population in this area so flight to Porto and Fez. Which we enjoyed in the days.

1 Like

I can’t prove it, so no not sure, but I do remember the subject coming up elsewhere some time ago and I queried it with respect to the many foreign commercial trailers towed by UK and other tractive units. I was told at the time that commercial vehicles come into a different category.

LOL Cyprus was the same! If you get nostalgic, Tuzla airport in Bosnia will bring you “back”. :slight_smile:

If you have a Spanish bank account, you should have no problem paying bills for French utilities etc via your Spanish bank using the IBAN system. We had the reverse, a holiday home in Spain, no Spanish bank account. We paid everything from our French account without problem.

If you’re a Spanish resident, then import your car and belongings into Spain, get the car registered there and bring it into France when you need it? Though knowing that Spanish bureaucracy is even worse than French, it might be easier to sell the car and buy in Spain! Bonne chance.