Qare.fr same day online rdv with doctors

We have just tried Qare for the first time. And while it doesn’t replace the real thing was pretty useful and worth it.

OH has had mouth/toothache for a while, and getting worse as jaw painful. And won’t go back to the nearby dentist (long story involving fascist views and painful injury by said dentist). But letting an infection take hold not good either.

So around 6h this morning signed up to Qare. At 9h he was chatting online to a dentist in Marseille, and got his prescription for antibiotics emailed a few minutes later.

Tiers payant, and ordnance all in accordance with SS requirements.

So obviously useless if need a detailed physical examination, but for advice or simple routine prescriptions etc this seems great!

:;

5 Likes

Brilliant Jane, thanks for letting us know. Never come across this. Good to know it’s there.

1 Like

That sounds excellent.
Fortunately we have an excellent dentist.
He is Spanish and will be able to implants very soon.

2 Likes

Sounds fab! I Can you get a regular Dr or is just dentists?

The huge pharmacy near my work has a steel box that you can go in and have a online RDV. This seems such a great idea too as the pharmacy staff could do basic health checks, BP, temp, blood sugars ect to help the Drs diagnosis.

It’s mainly doctors. Only found a couple of dentists as a bit more difficult I guess as can’t peer into a person’s mouth.

Our pharmacy has a téléconsultation room, but not sure how it works. I must ask.

1 Like

Where we are you can get a same day drs appointment in person with SOS Médecins, evenings and weekends too. They don’t charge any more than usual and it’s reimbursed.

1 Like

I only noticed for the first time last week when I went to be signed off by Orthopaedie that one of the other buildings in the complex had Service Dentaire written on the wall outside. Always good to know if our usual dentist can’t fit us in, they might be able to in an emergency.

We have those here, they’re called MedaDom. The OH used one just a few weeks ago because of an infected wound caused by the cat. We were traveling to Avignon the next day and couldn’t get a last minute appointment with our MT. They have lots of instruments connected to them for all sorts of things. You can also use them from home on the computer as long as you have a webcam.

https://www.medadom.com/

1 Like

We tried our one of those when dh had huge pain and couldn’t get seen quickly by our dentist. She was awful, refused to treat him unless he signed up with her :pleading_face:

If you’re with April International you can get a telephone consultation in English within a couple of hours. I tried it once and it was good, but I didn’t need a prescription and don’t know if they can give you one.

It’s interesting how many options there are in the absence of a regular doctor/dentist and that don’t involve going to the urgences for a minor matter. I’m going to explore a bit more what might be available as you never know when it might be needed.

My niece is an A&E doctor and says so much of her time is taken up with minor stuff, and which also means people have to wait for 5, 10, 20, 30 hours to be seen. So i wonder whether this sort of thing exists in UK now too?

Friend of ours in the UK uses a minor accidents unit near her which she finds very useful and very quick.

1 Like