Re-Opening of Public Pools

John… I’m not arguing with you… for me… you are THE expert… on pools

My local pool is so minging that it was quite possibly the origin of the virus. A bit of changing room cleaning would not go amiss…

2 Likes

Sorry Stella, not arguing either just laying out my point, I do make points quite strongly and appologies if they come over too strong, just me.

1 Like

:grin: Here’s hoping this outbreak at least gets your local pool facility cleaned for the first time in years :nauseated_face:

1 Like

From what John has said, it seems that serious swimmers who spend most of the time with their heads in the water will be safe. Standing around in the shallow end having a chat, might not be such a good idea.
It would possibly be better to wash at home (which I do anyway) and dive straight in as quickly as possible. But I guess the rules must be obeyed. . . .
Not sure swimming caps will make any difference though.

If you can catch verrucas, you can sure as hell catch Sars-Cov2.

Athlete’s foot with me. It’s a constant battle!

Yes who doesn’t remember The Great Verruca pandemic? :laughing:
In short people are paid to clean but do not do a good and thorough job so yes infections can and do spread, as bleach used properly can kill the HPV virus one can only blame the human element.

1 Like

Therein lies the nub of the question - human fallability !

There’s a lot of it about!

Le centre aquatique Aquabaie d’Avranches ouvrira ses portes le lundi 22 juin prochain.
L’accès aux bassins se fera à l’aide d’un système de réservation (à partir du 22 juin).
Les réservations sont très fortement conseillées. Les personnes ne pouvant réaliser cette opération peuvent se rendre sur les sites et accéder aux bains dans la mesure des places disponibles au sein des groupes.
La plateforme de réservation est actuellement en cours de développement, nous n’avons pas à ce jour la date de mise en ligne effective.

:arrow_right: Informations et protocoles sanitaires | Conditions réouverture Aquabaie : https://urlz.fr/cWkm

Pour Aquabaie, les réservations ne débuteront qu’à compter du 22 juin.

Attention, les horaires changent : 14h - 19h

Pour les cours d’apprentissage : 9h30 - 11h30 (sur inscription aquabaie@msm-normandie.fr)

Yes they are but as stated already, the people aren’t and neither are the facilities and surroundings

Just had my first swim for more than 3 months!
You know the feeling when you first get in, “I’m not going to manage this!” But like riding a bicycle, it all comes back once you get going.
The changing facilities were never designed for social distancing, but they have worked something out, even if it does require a bit of effort explaining the routine to first timers.
It is possible to get in on the off chance, but they have a good online reservation system, so you can book a slot and not have to hang around. Batches of 8 allowed in every 15 minutes and you get 75 minutes , so there are never more than 32 people in thew water.
Swimming cap obligatoire, even though I have more hair on chin and chest than on my head!
Surprised they didn’t take temperatures on the way in.
Hoping to continue my Sunday morning swims and they don’t have to shut down again as a result of holidaymakers bringing the virus with them.
Especially when you’re older, it is important to exercise regularly, because it becomes harder to get back into it after a break.
My thanks to John Withall for his assurances on pool treatment.

1 Like

good news Mike…

also good news that the website has updated and gives the conditions of re-opening…