Receiving the bbc in france

Prime etc have differing content per region, the problem will be that the BBC licences content for the UK only so can’t offer it elsewhere.

Hello Paul,

What is freesat ? I am in Angoulême.

Thanks

The satellite equivalent of Freeview, in Angoulême you’ll need a 60-80cm dish aimed at the Astra 2E cluster at 28.2°East. A local antenniste should be able to sort you out but a few people have found the quotes a bit steep. DIY is also possible if you are keen - search the forum.

Hi @Jane_Bithell
We are in the Charente to the east of you by about 40km on the way to Limoges - Chasseneuil-sur-Bonnieure.
We get freesat from a satellite dish via an old Sky box (no sky subscription) and as @anon88169868 says, our dish is pointed at Astra 2E.
It work very well in these parts.
You can see the dish we have in this photo - quite discrete under the eaves at the end of the south side of the house…

1 Like

We are on the other side of France, and a satellite dish pointed at Astra works just fine for us too unless we have heavy snow when it covers the dish so we loose signal. Cost about 120€ I seem to recall to get it put up.

I am sure that they are not, but we occasionally lose our radio because of their problems with their own set up.

Surely this is a thread about how to get bbc television in France not radio and if you are sure that pure internet radio and PureVPN are not the same why did you think l would be interested in your radio signal problem - just asking?

We are in Roumazieres, and have a 80cm wok on the house wall. Freesat has never been so clear. Installed myself and have 100% on all channels come rain or shine. Final adjustment done by a Brit TV guy, excellent service and didnt cost an arm and a leg.

1 Like

Because you used the name Pure and I, mistakenly, thought you might be interested in our experience with this brand.

It’s not the same brand Jane​:confused::confused::confused:

PURE2
This is your internet radio company and this
VPN

is the VPN company - So easy to believe they are the same business.

OK, it seems odd that there could be two different companies with such similar names though.

There are many companies with Pure in the name, probably thousands.

1 Like

My point being that you thought they were the same company and were trying to draw a comparison between the two just to have a bit of a dig.

Totally untrue.

Hello Jane, I have been using unlocator.com for years without any lasting problems.
Best if you go to their web site and read about the differences between VPN and Smart DNS.
All I can say is that it works a treat and allows viewing of all UK TV channels in real time or catch-up. On the very rare occasion when there’s been a problem it’s been resolved very quickly. It’s not a free service, but well worth the small expense of about $50 per year.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Muchotv

Freesat via a satellite dish pointing somewhere near 28.2°E and a Humax box bought from Argos.
Some basic information here

1 Like

You can buy a dish yourself and a frequency finder doodad from eBay, or pay the money for someone to come out and you up a sat dish. You can use either an old sky box for a decoder (but cannot record) or buy a humax satellite décoder with or without a disk for recording. We have both. You cannot record on a sky box unless you are still paying your account for the card. I got my humax from amazon Uk , shipped out. Old Sky boxes are available on your local trading Facebook page. Just type in Things For Sale in the Charente, you being in Angoulême, and you will find it. They are often advertised. Personally I recommend the Humax. Living or etcetera magazine list dish fitters. We used Robert Foulkes also found on Facebook.

1 Like

had a good laugh at that - still giggling - thank you - needed it - having a mare of a day so far but hey it’s only 3 o’clock things could be worse - I have half a glass of Malbec left from last night

1 Like