Refused permission for Veluxes. Can we do something?

Is there a limit as to the size of the veluxes? Could you possibly install 2 veluxes double the size? We had 2 installed in our windowless grange years ago. They were normal size, not large at all, and it’s amazing how much light they bring in! In fact, we need the shades pulled down in the summer to keep the heat out.

As with so many things in life … size matters… :zipper_mouth_face:

My bathrooms dont have windows because the outside wall backs onto a neighbour’s land. I would love to put 2 light tunnels in. Has anyone ever used light tunnels? If so did they perform as expected?

Yes, we have a light tunnel from the roof down to the middle floor kitchen. On south side of roof. It works wonderfully.

1 Like

Interesting concept but from the outside it looks (to me) just like a velux so if the OP has been refused a velux not sure that this would be allowed.

Maybe as someone else has suggested glass roof tiles …

Transparente et inaltérable, la tuile fabriquée en verre est un élément de toiture solide et très efficace pour l’isolation. Extrêmement résistante, cette tuile accréditée par les Bâtiments de France endure le froid et les intempéries sans altération, et apporte aux constructions un élément primordial : la lumière.

Seconded, installed a few, they tend to have a clear dome rather than the flat velux. You can also get some fitted with a light for utilising at night for example but without the need for an additional fitting.

Its down to what the powers at be allow, don’t like to use the word authorities because they are not an authority on anything!
If as Ann suggests you have to use clear tiles, these would need to be sealed tightly if they were above a sun tube to prevent dirt ingress.

1 Like

Would they be ok on a west facing roof?

Hi Teresa

Here’s a photo of my Mum’s light tube in the dining area (taken a few minutes ago). It’s a bit of an awkward angle but as you can see it’s very bright even on a dull day like today. It’s brighter than the lights in the room. It’s on an East facing roof. It works really well.

1 Like

Wow. That’s amazing.

1 Like

No they are not the same. Much smaller.

My father has two light tunnels in his kitchen. While visiting, I went into the kitchen to turn the light off, only to find it was the light tunnels. Brilliant piece of kit.

1 Like

A quick question please . The builder gave us an attestation simplifiee for our velux , do we have to give it to the tax office or is that only if we ever come to sell?

Is it the one about reduced TVA ???

If it is… keep it with the Invoice (which should be marked “payee” )

The Invoice should show the reduced rate of TVA that you are being charged… (as is referred to on the Attestation) … thus the two things go hand in hand…

At worst, if you cannot produce the Attestation, it could be argued that you have not paid correct TVA…:thinking::roll_eyes:

Thank you. I have now assigned them an individual plastic pocket together.

1 Like