Removal firm recommendations - UK to France

Good to read your recommendation. We have just hired Steve to move our belongings from Scotland to France.

Nicks removals conduct moves to Spain mostly but do part load drop off removals through France covering most areas depending on the weekly route

Hello Bill and welcome to the forum.

where about are you thenā€¦ and have you used this firm ??

Hi all, I have noticed that most of the posts on this subject are not recent. Has anyone any recent experience/recommendations? I am looking for a carrier who will take a half a dozen normal removal boxes with no rush at all.

Hello, Peter. We moved from Swindon to the MĆ©doc region, north of Bordeaux in May of this year. We were let down (in the week we were supposed to move!) by a small company we had previously used to put our stuff in storage. Luckily we contacted Dennisā€™s Removals - www.dennissremovals.co.uk - who not only were able to accommodate our strict deadline, but also combined it with a job they already had in the region so we ended up paying significantly less than we would have if weā€™d used the smaller company (several thousand pounds less!).

The guys who did the actual move were fantastic too. Incredibly professional, very friendly and hard-working both when loading and unloading our stuff. We had almost 2 housesā€™ worth of stuff because my OH and I had not long moved in together. How they managed to fit everything in the lorry was astounding. I was very pleased to see that everything arrived in perfect condition.

I was incredibly impressed with Dennisā€™s and would definitely recommend them without any hesitation for anyone moving from the SW of England to France in the future.

Many thanks for your email Gareth. They sound great!

Cordialement,

Peter Harris

1 Like