Response from telecom operators regarding rural areas

The classic with fibre broadband is that the mini-exchanges / distributor boxes apparently aren’t fitted out with individual indicator lights for each connected optical fiber, so the only way to tell if the fiber has been damaged, or even to tell if it is working, is to send a coloured laser beam down the fiber from the customer terminal end and get a separate engineer to check whether any coloured light is coming out the other end !

…and to add insult to injury…

"Bonnes nouvelles M Moon

SFR fait de la cybersécurité une priorité. Vos ordinateurs, tablettes et smartphones sont de plus en plus exposés à des risques et nous devons assurer la sécurité de votre vie numérique.

C’est pourquoi votre offre va être enrichie avec une solution de cybersécurité(1), qui protège les appareils de votre foyer pour seulement 3€ de plus par mois*.

Vous bénéficierez automatiquement et sans réengagement de votre nouvelle offre dans un mois, à la date de votre prochaine facture."

No you’re effin’ not, cheeky sods!

1 Like

Haven’t had that one yet, no doubt coming soon to my SFR 4G router (whenever I next turn it on). Just had a “SFR is offering you an extra 30Gb internet data per month, only 2€/month extra” email for my wife’s phone contract. Wow. Can’t wait. Yet another opportunity to spend money on something we absolutely don’t need.

1 Like

Noted, I will send you a brochure of redundant lead-lined rat traps, I just can’t shift 'em :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes