Retail warranty

We had a problem with a Neff steam oven that I bought in UK and found to be faulty once it was installed in France. After a few exchanges of emails Neff sent a rep from their French agent to look at it and agreed to replace it. I returned the oven to UK on our next trip back and Neff collected it and replaced it with a new one of the current model. This was two years after we had bought it and about 6 months after we had installed it in France. I guess it all depends on the manufacturer's warranty.

Que Choisir QC as always knows the answer

The VENDOR is responsable in your case Conformara (within 6 months of purchase).

QC have a standard letter http://lettre-type.quechoisir.org/demande-de-reparation-ou-le-remplacement-du-produit-garantie-legale-de-conformite-249/ I expect you can find free versions.

We bought a Bosch drill on 30.11.15 that had a €40 cash back offer and tried phoning to chase it up in early February but couldn’t get past the auto holding music. However, it was eventually credited to our bank account on 29.2.16. So they do happen - just slowly!

Thank you for your response. I am beginning to think that I have been sold "a pig in a poke", and may simply have to replace! However, I shall endeavour to contact Sagem in the coming week - possibly, as you did in your own case, a UK office - to find out if they are willing to back up their product!

I have often purchased food items which were generously within date and

then attempted to cook them and realised that they were 'off''. If you take the food

back you need to freeze it and then go through the performance of showing the receipt

and the sorry goods to customer services.

But I have purchased a cooker which has an oven which does not close properly and a couple

of ride on mowers which were more like Dinky Toys.

We are of course talking about products which cost more than a thousand euros and I expect at least

a years worth of use from them.

The management of the well known co who produce the machines must have been very well trained

by his peers when he told me that the Terrain in UK is different to that in France. I reminded him that the terrain will vary....can vary from that of it's neighbouring land just along the road. Was I cutting very high grass?
How high was the grass?

The same management person declared that the legal warranty situation was different in UK to France.

I phoned the branch in UK which represents and stocks these products (which I purchased) and was told that

they just get on with putting the matter right and adhere to the warranty obligation but know that in other

countries they often do not.

Eventually the management person admits that the rules are the same across Europe.

But he does not believe that we have used the machine correctly!

Thank you, again. An interesting - and possibly accurate! - thought.

Yes I appreciate that. In an ideal world... but it's not, and for a very cheap product and six months down the line, you have to wonder if it's worth it and no doubt that's exactly what they're thinking too.

Thank you! The, now €6.60, is not my main concern - although I would be annoyed if the agreement was not kept (and relieved that we are not talking about a much larger 'refund'!) - but about the handsets themselves, and Conforama's reluctance to accept any responsibility for what is obviously defective equipment!

Can't help except to say I've tried claiming these post-purchase refunds a couple of times (not from Conforama), I was very careful to send everything they asked for and I don't think I ever received any refund. I think it's a bit of a scam.