Revised withdrawal agreement straw poll, are you in favour?

IMO they were were removed Graham to pander to the “race to the bottom” element of the ERG who want England (they don’t care that Scotland will be gone and they haven’t cared about Wales since Agincourt) to become the low cost, low regulation, tax haven, sweatshop Singapore of the West. They never really gave a stuff about NI anyway.
Since the EU has no intention of feeding a monster like that on its doorstep with free trade the ensuing negotiations will be at least as tough as this divorce deal has been but with the €33B, Northern ireland and expats rights already addressed. Plus Truss (not the sharpest in a very dull Cabinet) will be reporting back that the other trade deals on her shopping list might take longer and not be as beneficial as Fox had her believe. The EU has them over a barrel, again.

1 Like

Interesting perspective @John_Scully
I personally couldn’t give a stuff about the UK either. My only focus is maintaining my pension rights and access to the superior French health services.
Other than that - the UK can go fuck themselves - royally :grin:

4 Likes

More tea vicar ?:innocent:

1 Like

Brexit has to happen now and I accept that, unfortunately this deal is worse than the previous one but crucially it is now the only deal in town, if people think that’s okay and it should be simply voted through is disappointing to say the least.

Like Graham I don’t really care anymore as long as our lives here aren’t disrupted too much.

3 Likes

or should that be “royally fuck themselves”? :thinking:

Wouldn’t you need one of these to be able to do that?
Reminds me of the exorcist …OUCH !! Brings tears to the eyes (depending which end you use) :joy:

and which orifice you direct it at :crazy_face:

1 Like

Between the two of us we are really enriching the debate! :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

We need a sense of humour with all that is going on, helps keep me sane :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Letwin amendment passes 322/306
The executive have just pulled the “meaningful vote” on the substantive bill…

Or delayed the inevitable until monday ?

How can any right minded person support the “pesky” childish behaviour displayed by the Prime Minister? His reactions yesterday to losing the Letwin amendment are akin to being told by his mummy to tidy up his toys which he doesn’t want to do - so the rich boy’s action? Throw all your toys in the bin because mummy will buy a whole new lot for you so you get your way.
Pathetic prick!
And as for not signing the letter…
well, excuse me, didn’t he just send another letter to the EU saying he’s not going to sign it - effectively admitting it is his letter?
Bleeding dumkopft :crazy_face:
The world looks on laughing.

4 Likes

The EU looks as though it is going to accept the letter as a request for an extension signed our not so this is Boris just being petulant and hoping that he can get some capital come election day for having been forced into it.

But he’s acting like a 5 year old being made to do something against their will.

5 Likes

@anon88169868 you are being too kind - he is behaving like the self-serving lying twat that he is.

3 Likes

that he always has been more like.

The poll assumes that Boris and Cummings were planning to actually implement the agreement.

It seems very likely now that this agreement was never going to be implemented. It was an attempt to mislead parliament and to avoid the Benn act, allowing the UK to leave without a deal.

Lying toerags.

2 Likes

This is the important point - Johnson was clear that no extension to the transition period would be sought if FTA negotiations were incomplete - despite the fact that delays to exit have shrunk the time to 14 months, and might yet shrink it further.

Usual estimates of the time needed to negotiate an FTA are 5-10 years

Of course, with Johnson, one never quite knows whether he is saying something just to please one audience - in this case the ERG - with no intention of following through.

But the other slimeball Gove still insists that the UK will leave on 31st October…
and the frequency of the “get ready for brexit on 31st October” adverts have abated…

IF they hold a vote on the deal next week (assuming Bercow allows it) and IF they get all the legislation through by the end of the month then, yes, it is still possible.

But not with no-deal.

Anyone else feel that enough is enough and Brexit has to happen now?