Revolut Alternative

I work in France and had a customer that had a currency exchange account with HSBC UK, he said it was like Revolut, as competitive and quite new. I haven’t looked into it myself yet but would be interested if anyone else that knows more about it.

Well, hats off to Revolut! After my run in with them about not having an FR account, two days later, all sorted with an apology and a three month account upgrade!
Happy with this as I could not find another bank that will give me four cards on one account!

1 Like

I’m sure I’m missing out on some good/better deals but I like to keep things simple – a UK account, which receives my modest bits of income, and a Crédit Agricole account. I use Wise to transfer money to France almost instantaneously as needed and have never had a problem. I suppose there’s an argument for shopping around but, quite honestly, I can’t be bothered.

4 Likes

I am totally with you Al, indeed this is what I have and use, except I use Currency fair to move currency from my FD account to CA.

However, my issue is that I now use Applepay for everything that has negated the necessity to carry a card. But the petrol companies are not keeping up with technology and outside the US (and one pump I found on the A61) one cannot use Applepay at the pumps, forcing us to carry a card. Revolut I recently discovered allow six cards per account for free that perfectly answers my problem - a card in each car :grinning: To me therefore, Revolut is just a means to an end.

Yes, there is absolutely no reason that CA could not do this as well…

Just an update, today I closed my Revolut account and opened up a Wise account, I had no problems or issues so I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. :money_with_wings: :moneybag: Thanks everyone for your useful input.

2 Likes