Roads Blocked , Difficult or Deadly- Ongoing

“Support for Gilets Jaunes increasing” I don’t agree with that, most people I know think they are a nuisance. Could be confirmation bias, obviously :wink:

2 Likes

démissionner = resign. It’s one of their slogans.

2 Likes

Just read that a motorist going through a blockade near Mulhouse gave the protesters some flasks of coffee and soup which they happily drank. It was laced with laxatives which meant several of the gilets jaunes had to leave in a hurry!. Obviously one very pee’d off motorist taking action in the only way he could …

3 Likes

I love your sense of humour, it comes from a world that I don’t understand.

Police using tear gas and water cannons in Paris against protesters

Looks like the authorities have got tired of waiting for it to fizzle out on its own.

In France, Protests are legal… but the Protest-Organisers need to obtain authorisation…

The P- Organisers were clearly told, yesterday, which areas of Paris would NOT be available to them. They were warned that the Security Police (or whoever) would use whatever force necessary to keep them OUT. The P-Organisers were offered another major site in Paris… but…

Tearing up the cobble stones, shades of the student protests.
I do understand that folk from the countryside and small towns are fed up of being left out of decision making.
Public transport is fine in large cities but we rely on our car, no shops in our commune.
The change in the speed limit affects the time taken on long journeys cross country, not good for safety to have tired drivers on the road.
I was horrified by the riots in London and these latest protests in Paris make me feel very uncomfortable.
It contrasts with the peacefu march through the streets of London in which I took part, the Countryside March of September 2002.

Drove from Cognac back home to Dax last night, had to exit the motorway at J38 southbound A10 as the 38-37 junction was closed, after an hour of back roads I got to J37, had a chat with some protestors who wanted pens and anything I had to burn, pallets were suggested (I was driving a van)!

Got on the motorway, hit 110 kph and got flashed by a fucking speed camera, no idea why, I didn’t see any 90 signs or roadworks.

Annoying!

I got flashed on the Caen périphérique in the 70kmph limit in the roadworks - my speedo said 44mph which I thought was slightly unsporting! (70kmph is 43.5mph)

So far no ticket through yet though I’d be fairly surprised if they would bother at 71kmph.

That said - anybody know if they actually send a fine through for British registered cars. I believe that they can but am not sure if they do.

I’ve only recently discovered that I can change the digital speedo on my car from mph to kph. Obviously not foolproof as I can’t as yet find a way to control my right foot pressure, but it helps…

2 Likes

More clashes