Roe v Wade

I warned you all. Anti choice droogs will go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on…… It’s an illness, may their God bless ‘em. The Jesuits are the worst because some of them are quite clever :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@John_Scully, of course I have no idea who you mean.

But here’s a link to the SF standards: FAQ - Survive France

In there, you will see encouragements to
[Keep] this is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Improve the Discussion

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree [, avoiding

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.]

Always Be Civil

1 Like

Seen in all before…… MY BODY MY CHOICE trumps it all.

BTW, I didn’t refer to you personally, I only commented on anti-choice bullies. It’s your decision on whether the hat fits or not.

Porridge are you actually condoning the sending of women to prison for having miscarried or terminated ? A yes or no answer is all that is needed.

@Flocreen, if you read what I have said during this discussion (post 237), you will know the answer to that.

No I want you to put it out there yes or no

Oh, @John_Scully, if only you knew how your post made me smile. First, to be called a Jesuit (they were quite smart, from what I remember of my philosophy classes); second, because (as I anticipated) you said “If the cap fits …”; but most importantly, because someone who has just spent 30 minutes trying to work out how to cook a jacket potato in the new combination microwave/induction/grill oven, and ended up with something crispy on the outside and hard on the inside … “John thinks I’m as smart as a Jesuit!”

Have a lovely Friday night. May it bring you happiness and relaxation!

1 Like

Oh! Are Anti-Boris droogs the same leopard with different spots - who go on and on and on and on etc . Kettle and black comes to mind. Thank goodness he’s going so we wont have to put up with the endless mutterings of the droogs :grin: :laughing: :grin: :smile:

What are you one about :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Do you not see you are bullshittng like all the anti choice bullies always do you, Do you want to identify with the them?

Look, I’ve fought this bullshit for fifty years, and you, with all due respect don’t matter, in fact no anti choice views matter anymore. And I am so, so happy about that.

BTW, I didn’t compare you to a Jesuit, you’d be so lucky, they are an ongoing challenge. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It seems that, possibly uniquely in the Catholic Church, they have managed to keeps their child molestions under wraps.

First of all my old Pippen , do you know what a droog is?

Secondly, you are so right that the the hypocrisy of Johnson and the Anti choice droogs are smilar. Lies, misinformation, trying to fool voters. Are you cool with that :thinking: For what it is worth I’ll try to call these devious people out in my own little way.

All this isn’t a game.

Low blow, @John_Scully: as well as having to eat a disappointing potato, I am not (after all) smart enough to be a Jesuit.

But sometimes without saying anything…

Not sure - I only know the word from A Clockwork Orange and the original Russian друг - but in both cases it just means ‘friend’ or ‘mate’ (Burgess based the droogs’ slang on Russian) - but your usage seems to be more like ‘bore’ - or ‘boor’?

I use term as in A Clockwork Orange Geof, bullies.

La de la, as Annie Hall would have said if I remember correctly. Some of us are too smart to be Jesuits. Anyway, you are just proving my point. More fool me to get sucked into this silly discussion.

Ah yes I see. Alex and his friends call each other ‘droogs’ (as in the Russian friends) - but you’re right of course, they are also terrible bullies.

I don’t see the correlation between Kubrik’s horrific masterpiece and the views expressed by @Porridge

Indeed, neither do I.

But I do consider the term appropriate to describe the anti choice thugs.

Lots of interesting stuff going on in this article - including, again, the fast-and-loose approach to the facts by the anti-choice side - and the surprising extent to which catholics are in fact pro-choice.
(I like and have adopted John’s terminology ‘pro-choice’ vs ‘anti-choice’ - it pin-points the real difference between the two sides of the discussion.)

3 Likes

I have avoided “pro-abortion”, and favoured “pro-choice”, because I don’t think "pro-abortion” fairly or accurately reflects people’s views, and as a courtesy to them, in the same way that I would use “gay” or “Mumbai” or “Kyiv”. “Pro-life” reflects the core belief of the people who call themselves by it. The fact that I don’t agree with your beliefs would not make me impose my own terminology on you.

As for the Observer article – I read it. As John Scully would say, twaddle!

In para 1, it refers to “a backlash from health experts”. No: according to the article, the critics were (as you would expect) campaigning groups like Brook Young People, BPAS and Humanists UK. Not a “health expert” in sight!

Even the criticism of SPUC (whose main offence seems to be holding a different view to pro-choice people) is questionable, given the source (Humanists) and the vague way it is set out. I haven’t been able to find the booklet.