Russian neighbours

@SuePJ , erm… less funny now. Dang!

1 Like

You are saying nonsense, Mark, about me being afraid of Putin. Same thing I can tell about you being afraid of the queen. But I will finish this going nowhere conversation by what my American-born father-in-law said: “It’s too bad we do not have good leadership in Washington and too many warmongers. This could be averted if they could have given Russia a guarantee that Ukraine would not join NATO and be neutral like Finland and Sweden. I am aware of the Russian history with Europe dating back to Austria and Hungry invasion in WW1, and Germany in WW2, and Napoleon. And England and Frances invasion into Crimea in the 1850s”. Learn the history and stop using BBC news words that Ukraine is free to choose who to join, and about NATO being a peacekeeping organization (NATO is a militaristic organization, and everyone but you knows that). Best.

1 Like

So Olga, if your neighbour fails to do as you demand, it’s quite okay to terrorise the population and replace it’s government with one that will tow the line.
There was no threat to Russia beyond providing an example of a better life to it’s citizens - a life where people can choose their leader for one thing. There was little prospect of NATO membership. Putin wishes to return his country of diminishing influence to something great again.
I do understand that Russia fears the west though I do not understand the reasons apart from historical attacks dating back almost a century. With some 6000 nuclear warheads I think Russia should feel secure.

I think Olga is the ‘twin’ of another SF member. :wink:

And Olga has just changed her avatar :wink:

You are so wrong in so many aspects…

Who???

NATO would only ever be a threat to Russia if it directly attacked a NATO member, it is a defensive, not offensive organisation

Wrong, its about Putin

Theres a third way, leave Ukraine in peace

I don’t think the Queen imprisons her opponents.
The rest of your reply is also flawed - The U.S. might have “too many warmongers” but to be fair the U.S. has not just invaded a country at peace. Russia, however, has.
The U.S. cannot guarantee to stop anything that an independent country chooses to do & why should it - that would be interfering in the policies of another (although, granted, they have done this before!).
I know about history & that we all should learn from it which generally we have. This is why the West, at the moment anyway, has not reacted militarily.
NATO IS a peacekeeping organization although a weaponized one. It is how they use the force they have that makes the difference. NATO is not proactive.
Saw this earlier, must make you proud to be Russian - https://www.facebook.com/614442333/videos/519086162885598

Why so binary? Or are Russia’s neighbours obliged to be in NATO so they don’t get invaded or have bits of their territory annexed by Russia…

Let me remind you what the peacemaking NATO did in Kosovo What you don't know about the war in Ukraine - #сФилином - YouTube. Putin is a Russian president and it is not for you to decide who should rule Russia. Keep your nose in your own country.

Troll.

You must mean how they prevented even further genocide by your serbian buddues

1 Like

Wow.
Putin is THE Russian president, isn’t he?
Indeed it is not for me to decide who should rule Russia, it is up to the Russian people except that they are not allowed to choose.
I love the fact that you live in the West & can say what you like about us without fear or favour while back in your homeland your president oppresses any opposition & invades neighbouring countries on the flimsy basis that it would mean having a border with a country that favours democracy.
Well, newsflash, if Ukraine becomes part of Russia, the western borders will all be with NATO members.
Does this mean that they will be invaded too? And the next lot after that?
Sputum is a dangerous nutter. All countries have nutters that somehow have followers, (Trump, Boris, etc) but at least they are less dangerous.
Please continue to enjoy the freedom of speech that Russians don’t usually have.

3 Likes

Yes, I live in the West and lived in Russia. And I (not you, who did not live in Russia and “eats” everything that is told on TV) can say that THERE IS NO LESS FREEDOM in Russia than it is in the West. Look what is going on in Canada, ppl who went to protest against draconian covid restrictions are arrested, their bank accounts are seized, and businesses of their relatives are getting closed. Is this what you call freedom? Look in your own yard and do not offer such “democracy” to others.

1 Like

The Earth is flat too.

Whereas in Russia they would have been arrested, beaten, tortured, imprisoned or just would have disappeared :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We have to remember that Putin is just another in the line of murderous bastards who have been president, how many 10s of millions did Stalin bump off, I think Mao was the only one with more blood on his hands at 45 million dead.

1 Like

I find it very unsettling that we have a member on here who is an apologist for the well known mafia entangled autocratic leader of Russia. In normal times that is bad enough but he has threatened in not so many words nuclear annilhilation of any country getting in his way. We are also told by his devoted fan ‘Keep your nose in your own country’. If only Putin had followed this advice.
We can expect the assault to become increasingly brutal in coming days.

2 Likes

Elvis is living on The Moon

Also a little odd coming from someone who said they lived in that bastion of all ‘keep your nose in your own country’… the United States. The nation that seems to have taken Great Britain’s role of trying to destroy as many other countries for their own gain as possible. The only ‘superpower’ with a worse reputation than Russia or China for trying to destabilise other nations that they should keep well away from.

3 Likes

I heard that but can’t remember if it was the BBC or VGTRK. However, good to know & should anyone actually really land on the Moon it’s nice to know there will be music.

Crikey!!! Where did THIS one come from???

I know I haven’t been on SF much lately but, whoever this is, really IS Mother Russia.

Not Putin’s mother is it???

Ho hum… Nowt so queer as folk…