Ryanair and the Ratner effect

I travel by Eurostar and avoid Ryanair like the plague.

The woman was on holiday for 15 days but you can only print off the boarding passes 14 days before. Finding a printer when you're on holiday is not that easy especially if you're in a remote location.I suppose she should have spent her entire holiday looking for a printer or read the tiny print more carefully. I didn't know that you had to pay to print it out. How clear is it made when you book?

O'Leary is doing his usual bullish thing but it's getting really old.

This is typical O'Leary noise, however unlike Ratner what O'Leary is doing is all part of his brand building. He knows that comments like this make the press- its advertising by aggressive PR and its all about building up the Ryanair unique postposition- use us right and you get cheap fairs, don't read the small print and you pay.

Ryanair is the airline we all love to hate, but we still use it because it flies to our local airport, and with hand luggage only and non-peak booking its still cheap.

Rarner was selling 'luxury' goods, a new pair of ear rings for the weekend- O'Leary is selling a bus with wings. Different brands, you want your ear rigs to look good, you know that at 4 quid that will probably fall to pieces later. You put up with crap from a local cheap bus service, especially when its the only service in town because it gets you where you are going and still leaves change in your pocket.

Not so sure about that Ian. Ratner was proud of his Petticoat Lane market days and was forever telling the public so via the press, it led to his downfall and was by no means limited to friends. Before that John Bloom with his nasty cheap washing machines did very similar things, making claims that made people look closer and then the market turn on him.

O Leary is like this, he's always been like this, and he does it all in public. Ratner was in a sense telling a (rather numerous) bunch of friends how gullible the public was. I'm not sure there's a comparison.

Cheap, Reliable Assorted Products. Ratner had a few other gaffes to his credit but that one knocked the value off his company in the markets in a few hours. O'Leary should look and learn or take one of his own planes in the same direction - down the Swanee.

Love it James. Let’s hope he’s doing the latter.
And Ratner, I remember he tried to squirm saying CRAP was an acronym, I know it went something like Cheap, Reliable and…and well I can’t remember what the P was supposed to represent.