Sausages

Sorry folks, but I have never had a decent French sausage. Maybe, like many things in France, it's regional. Here in Gironde we have the best wines, well among the best in France. Some of the best pork, but alas without crackling, but sausages, no way!

However, Bulldog bacon and bangers are now starting to deliver up here in Gironde, so good British sausages are back on the menu. No, I do not work for them, but tasted their products when my stepson played cricket at Damazan.

As for you Vic, you are just a very lucky bloke!

Drag down the bottom right corner of the box, Ted.

This reminds me of the "Not The Nine O'clock News" Christmas annual in the 90's one year.

Quote from memory....

"First, we take the snout, trotters, rectum, udders, lips, eyelids, and lungs off the animal to make our sausages.

And grind it into a pulpy slurry.

Then we add pink dye.

Walls - . Just about the only things not in them.

Close quote.

Need I say more? To James, a very small typing box especially for editing - can it not be made bigger I have a 14 inch screen which is mainly unused.

I'm with you Rob, I make my own pork & beef sausage, pork pies too! Have to admit the pies are what you might call 'artisan' to look at but who cares as long as they taste right ;)

Eric is a "part time" butcher who has a huge basement converted into a butchery. He makes pate, cans stuff & sell any meat products you want as long as it's pork or turkey. Everything is 4-5 euro a kilo & totally unadulterated One of my boules mates helps out so I know it's all good stuff. His pork belly makes the most divine crackling & the Roti in a slow cooker is yummy. He also gives me all of the ribs I want as the locals haven't cottoned on how good they are so he usually chucks most of them away. The hardest part of "shopping" chez Eric is getting away sober(ish) as he will insist on forcing clients to drink wine :-)

Yep,
I make my own , so I know there are no additives , especially as I get the pork from my local farm who have wonderful free range pigs .So I get exactly the type of sausage I want , containing what I want! It’s so easy and takes so little time . You just need a small mincer , plus a sausage attachment and hey presto , homemade sausages to you own liking !

Are these from you local butcher? Anything for that price around here is loaded with sugar and all manner of unpronounceables!

Yep !

5 euros a kg for sausages with no additives?

My favourite snorkers are made by Eric le Sausage (your basement butcher). Nothing but pork & seasoning plus shallots,if you want & if they are in season. 5 euros a kilo max . Even my missus likes 'em & she's no sausage fan:-)