Saving money on shopping

Give them an inch and they’ll take a foot, any more than that and you won’t have a leg to stand on.

3 Likes

If you think this is a jokey subject, I have to tell you that you are very wrong.

Wife makes a list for shopping, what ends up in the shopping trolley bears no resemblance to said list, if I didn’t make a joke about it I’d cry and no one wants to see that.

2 Likes

Maybe a ‘Bachelor Life’ would have suited you better Tim :rofl:

Lol…caution…you’ll be bringing down the wrath of Kali…lol…x :slight_smile:

I like to live on the edge.

1 Like

I’m pretty good with making a list and sticking to it…several days ago I broke a nail and couldn’t find my nail clippers with built in “emery board…”…,so I spent a fruitless half day trying to locate a sheet of sandpaper that I knew for definite was stored safely somewhere in my vicinity…my subsequent shopping list included “SAND PAPER” in capital letters which I purchased today rather than a nail file which would have probably have done the job just as easily…lol…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a typical conversation when we go food shopping -

‘Can you get a couple of tins of tuna as I forgot them’ to which I reply ‘Is this so the other five tins in the cupboard have company?’.

I can never understand why she doesn’t want me to come with her.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise you were married to my wife’s identical twin sister.

Had to be without a car for a good few months many years ago, believe me living in a rural location with no local public transport is an eye opener and good for the budget.

Having to cycle a round trip of 24 kms to the nearest shops, carry everything in a back pack and tackle hills along the way soon cut down on non essentials !

By the way I hate ‘household’ shopping and can zoom around and be out in no time. I have to say that I try to avoid shopping with my French ‘partner’, despite his having a list and using the same shops, he takes too long wandering around from one side of the store to the other looking for things.
Maybe other SF ladies can tell me if that is a ‘man thing’:confounded::no_good_man:

It’s perfectly logical Tim, one never knows when bad weather, ill health or a nuclear attack will close the shops for a day or so. Got to keep the larder stocked ! :wink:

By the way be very careful that your wife doesn’t include these on her next list :scissors::scissors::scissors::scream:

1 Like

And life is too short not to be able to have a joke here and there IMHO ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Click & Collect / Drive is the only way to go for this man! I find the whole supermarket experience to be a waste of life! :shopping_cart: :shopping_cart: :shopping_cart: :slight_smile:

Plannining/shopping to cross an Ocean on a small boat focuses the mind a bit, anything omitted has to be done without for at least a week or two. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s only just arrived here (well 25 kms away) and I can see the appeal. So time wasting taking things from shelf to trolley, trolley to checkout, back into trolley, trolley to car :dizzy_face: … If you could find someone to stock it in your cupboards once you are home Simon then you’ve got it cracked ! :thinking:

1 Like

I did - her name’s Lynda :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, I don’t mind a run to Super U, gets me out for a wee wander, better than sitting at the keyboard ‘all day’, imo :slightly_smiling_face:
Very useful facility for the physically handicapped though I’m sure. :+1: