Septic tank needs updating

Hi Aurelien

Please put your full name on your Registration Page. This is one of the Terms and Conditions of the forum.

If you are unsure how to do this, simply put your full name here, on this thread and I will amend it for you.

cheers.

Hi Aurelien,

Yes, it’s brilliant so far after a couple of months of use. The chap who installed it did a great job and the lady from the Tricel company came and inspected it to give the all-clear. She, or another engineer will come back on the first anniversary to make sure all is well. After that it’s recommended that the tank be emptied after three or four years use. There are only two of us using it regularly so for a family of say, four then it would need to be emptied after two or three years as I understand it.

1 Like

What have you done since Teresa?
I’m in a similar situation, bought last Nov
I’m not rushing into changing it, i’ve had 7 houses with tanks and this is the most modern we’ve had.
They have changed the rules so much since 2004 its ridiculous

We’ll after 2 quotes and a visit from spanc we have so far just put a better vent pipe up.
The spanc guy says our fosse is not unsanitary but does not conform. He said if we had other things to spend money on do those first.
Our preferred enterprise didn’t get back in touch , although we emailed them twice.
We have decided to do nothing until spanc tell us we have to.

2 Likes

Vero’s idea is what I would choose in your situation

wise move
i think most overthink it and become scared of the unknown, tanks dont actually do anything apart from help drainage into the land
Same stuff in, same stuff out whichever tank you have
Just try and contain the smell from it

1 Like

Yes, hence the vent pipe. We didnt want our neighbours complaining about the smell.