SFR mobile tarifs - what options?

Yes - I will have to do a little mental arithmetic !

Put the whole lot in the bin, build a coop for homing pigeons and do it the old fashioned way. No, the big companies like the Oranges seem to charge over and above for the "privilege" of texting. If that's it's main purpose I really would keep it simple and keep away from contracts. Yes, Free could work out economical if you can fathom what their actual tariffs are or a basic Le French SIM/top up, similarly with the tariffs. With a couple of the Le French packages there is no expiry date on your credit which I why I thought of that instead of the usual Orange, SFR pay as you go jobs. Some of them have 7 days to use your credit or you lose it! The word fleece springs to mind ...

Ha Ha - this guy works in IT and carries around the oldest dual Sim phone he can - after a couple of mishaps with glass fronted ones which cracked in the days before gorilla glass, rendering the phonesuseless. For a while he had a red samsung solid brick which is now our emergency phone when a child loses theirs in a pond etc. He does Skype either to my tablet or to the landline but struggles to find a decent WIFI signal - not much fun (for other customers) Skyping the Missus whilst propping up the bar in Wetherspoons !

Over the years we have paid fortunes in Telcoms (landline + faxline, bas debit internet ....., satelite, over the top international packages with france telecom and orange mobile so I am on a bit of a mission to reduce our costs to a minimum with 5 mobiles plus broadband in the house !

Oh flipping heck. It's a ridiculous amount of nonsense to get through to do a proper and simple comparison actually. Buy him a tablet and just Skype each other, lol.

Thanks for replying Valerie. I think that I am going mad - yes the sms price to abroad is noted further down you are right 19cts. I couldn't see for looking - think I will go for it because SFR now are taking the proverbial !!

When I received the good news of the increased tarifs this morning I sighed as I have just spent a fair bit of time trying to reduce my kids tarifs - they are in internat and at the moment there are some pretty good deals for eg with Virgin for 3 hrs calls, unlimited sms and 2Go data - However the offer runs only until 21st Dec.

It seems to be (and I emphasise seems as I've only skimmed) between €0.06c SMS and €0.19c MMS - see page 24 https://mobile.free.fr/docs/tarifs.pdf

There's also Le French Mobile which covers Europe with texts from €0.04 c depending on the package.

http://www.lefrenchmobile.com/en/sim-cards-for-europe.html

Just to say that Vodaphone have quietly sneaked in an offer of UNLIMITED SMSs to and from Europe and the DOM for just 1€ per month ! Guess who I stayed with !!

1 Like