Shamima Begum

What he did was ask a question.

1 Like

All Muslims undertake ‘jihad’. Be careful how you use that term, as it has a very precise Islamic (ecclesiastical) meaning.

My apologies - does the correction above clarify my meaning acceptably?

“the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin ?”

[quote=“cat, post:37, topic:24622”]
the usual Mail issue regulation colourful frock and high heels for the photoshoot…

I am always amazed that anyone agrees to put on those phenomenally frumpy, cheap and nasty looking dresses and shoes in the DM.

1 Like

She is more of a camp follower, then soldier’s reward though.

Yes, I agree @vero. I expect she found the rush of adolescent excitement irresistible, and the fact that three girls who were friends all went out to throw themselves at the feet of their heroes has not had much press attention. It would be interesting to know more about that triad’s dynamic. Of course one is dead, what a pitiful waste of a young life. I think and hope the other two will be rehabilitated, and will have something to offer to the restoration of peace

I blame Mars, Bringer of War, but he is ancient and does what he must by his nature.

1 Like

I don’t care what you think of her, setting up a shooting range with her picture as a target just shows how low some people will go.

3 Likes

“The company, which says it provides “family fun” for adults and children aged six and over, announced the new targets containing Ms Begum’s face in a tweet.”

I have to wonder at the mentality of anyone (or any Company for that matter)… who considers it suitable “family fun” to shoot at “people”…

2 Likes

Or, for that matter, introduce six year olds to weapons.

3 Likes

We thought Mum was a bit over the top when she refused to let little brother have a pretend rifle when he was about 6 or 7…(just a bit of wood Dad had cobbled together) …

The World’s gone upside down… and ended up insane…

How completely abjectly tasteless (and as bad as IS, in intent).

Ultimate Airsoft Range said: “The targets provide some fantastic reactions and conversations and allow people to have some lighthearted fun and bring out the inner child in us all.

“Lighthearted fun” “bring out the inner child”
My inner child has no desire to shoot pictures of anyone or anything and I don’t think it is lighthearted fun at all.

4 Likes

Don’t understand what the problem is with that, OH uses my photo as a target for treble 20 on the darts board.:grinning:

Best possible outcome?

Rather less good outcome. Whatever you think about her you surely can’t fail to have some feelings for the fact that this woman - still a child herself - now looks to have lost another baby.

1 Like

There is a lot of news to consume in the world.

I note that;

Life, and death, move on. RIP Jan-Michael :+1:

Or perhaps

So sorry if the story is true

She’s been sent to prison for 11 years…

“There is a lot of news to consume in this world” (@anon7138442)

Very true, Your Grace, very true.

Makes me wonder if all the news doesn’t eventually overwhelm our natural sensitivity, so that we can’t find an appropriate response, except to sigh wearily. Compassion fatigue.

On the other hand, if we didn’t get to hear about these horrors, wouldn’t that lead to complacency or a couldn’t care less attitude that "it couldn’t happen here’? Difficult and it ain’t going to get any easier… ’ :thinking::cry:

I think that’s true Peter, misery exists in abundance, the media strive to put a face on it and then judge us by our response. I’ll put a coin in a tin but I’ll pass on the guilt trip :+1: My friends mother passed two weeks ago, she suffered with MS. No front page for her, bless her.