Should I upgrade my mobile?

I only replace mobile phones when the batteries fail to hold a charge, or when the bundled software which I can’t uninstall (mainly Google products) leaves too little space for the additional software (i.e. IP camera viewer, Ring doorbell, Mobile Alerts thermometers, Hive, flight trackers etc etc ) which I want to use. Most software works fine with Android 5. If it ain’t broke, don’t fork out for a new one. I’ve had Samsung in the past, never an Apple, and for years now we have bought Motorolas - my latest one needs charging overnight but if I forget it will last another day, a Moto G7 Power. I’m on a SIM only contract with Three which works in UK and France and allows tethering (I can use it as a router for laptops while travelling). Spouse has my previous Moto G on one Android version older with a PAYG Three SIM, but argues that apps are better on a tablet so only uses it for calls/texts. If you use Facebook Portal (video chatting with the family) you will need Facebook Messenger (not Lite) running and this could beat an elderly phone, otherwise carry on with whatever you are used to. If the apps you use still work, you’re fine.