Signatures needed for a Petition launched in the Languedoc to support a Syrian Family

Sue: I apologise if you feel I was being condescending. I posted the article and the tweet from the pope to highlight that this family and all the others who are particularly affected by the Dublin Regulations should be treated outside of this law as their situation is unique to the times and the war that has destroyed their lives.

The comment was in response to the posts here that accused me of overselling their problems, lying about support statistics and that suggested that they may be seeking asylum in France because of the benefits they will receive which will not in the long term allow them to rebuild their lives to the the level of where they were 4 years ago, and that the importance of a support network from new friends and from their own should be set aside because of regulation that is acknowledged to be unfair.

I have supported this family since their arrival in France, because I genuinely feel that they will make a contribution to France. Their desire is to be allowed to work and to provide for their children, until a time when they can return home which is their ultimate wish.

Apologies again. The last thing I want to do is alienate people which would do further disservice to a family that I have grown to love and respect in a very short period of time.

If you can find it in your heart to support them, I know that they would be grateful as would all their champions.

How many have now signed the petition Shakuntala?

Odd isn't it. I read this earlier, and I thought it was in response to 1 or 2 ridiculous comments the lady had received previously. And also, of course, it was a further bid to spread the word about this family's plight. Strange how we all see things differently.

2969 votes of support, Paul. We're hoping to get it up to 4000 by the end of the week .... Sx

Hi!

are you a member of the "france and beyond" facebook group? I think I have already signed the petition on there. hope it works out for them, Keep us posted. Heartbreaking to imagine further upheaval in what should be a "europe without borders" This current time will go down in history as being one of the most horrendous for so many displaced people and so many "closed doors"

From a friend's fb page. Fantastic news! The Prefecture has overturned their decision and the family has the right to make their claim for Asylum here in France. Thank you to all of you who signed the Petition and for the on-going support for this lovely family. They want to say a big thank you as well to everyone who has helped them get this far -- so THANK YOU!!!