So where are you going?

We had an absoutely awful trip to Morocco in February (don't ask!) & will be going to the US (home) for our daughter's wedding & to spend time with friends & family in both NY & San Francisco. Not exotic, but we'll get to see everyone & do some shopping.

went surgfing in redcar and saltburn a few times but sorry the north never really did it for me, spent a few months in Yorkshire before heading straight back down south (south west!) ;-)

Don't forget other parts are just as nice as Tuscany, love it to bits but also love Umbria, the lakes, the veneto, liguria, could go on for ages! can't you detect a hint of "why didn't I follow my heart and settle in Italy rather than my head and come back to France... :-O

yep, since we started last october, we've had christmas day, new years day and two days in the last school holidays off = 4 days in 5 months! But we'll be taking 1st of april off and the 1st of may and a couple of days with the kids in their next school holidays. But we sooo miss having weekends off!

Is that a family visit Nick? -

Where did you go in Tuscany? I would really love to go to Italy and learn how to make really good Pasta and Gnocchi. My ideal would be one of the farm houses staying with a family where the kids could play outside and I could be taught by Mama how to cook Italiano.

Come on Andrew admit it, it's Hartlepool you're jealous of really isn't it.

I know but in your business Andrew it must be difficult, I know my friend who runs our local Epicerie hasn't had a holiday in about 4 years. She's had max 1-2 days off a year as holiday for weddings/funerals that's all.

Jealous or what, not about hartlepool! the real reason is that we don't have the time to go anywhere at the moment, but that WILL change, someday...!

We're going to Coupar Angus and Hartlepool this year.

Tuscany last year, the Black Forest the year previous and to Spanish friends in Murcia the year before that.

Hartlepool - here we come!

went cycling in Spain with my old club (aveyron), but apart from that, no where. Went to corsica a few years ago with friends. Will one day get round to taking the famil to italy. In fact I travelled sooo much as a language student and languages teacher before I came to France for good that once here and working I never go anywhere. Only ever manage a UK trip once every couple of years!