Some basics on the current EU deal situation

Jenifer, I’ve no idea where Carol is coming from. Her ideas are bizarre to say the least. I hope she’s OK.

Carol, you can't say in the same breath (as it were) "I couldn't be bothered to read the article" and then "do some research for yourselves" and expect anyone to take you seriously. And as for "(try Google to begin with, it's quite amazing, the amount of information to be found on the internet)" yes, some of that information is even useful, some is even true; there is also a very great deal of nonsense and hysteria-inducing conspiracy-theory junk disguised as information.

Carol, I do not know what you consider research to be. I have done just that professionally since the early 1970s and over all of those years have used what is considered evidenced rather than simply said. Your claim that the BBC is EU funded therefore implying something about bias is incorrect. Since its launch, the BBC has been funded by licence fees which were originally for both TV and radio, but since 1971 only for TV. The BBC has received about £2m under the European Union framework programme to fund its research and development arm, which is working on projects such as 3D broadcasting and ultra-high definition filming. The charter of the BBC does not allow them political bias albeit a few commentators and comedians may personally chance their arm now and again.

Documented evidence requires reading but if somebody says they cannot be bothered then that is a dismissal. Nobody who does research dismisses anything because most things have many variants that need to be examined. You imply everything is a corrupt exercise by the EU as if Cameron is some kind of glove puppet of Brussels. I may not be a fan of the useless man but one thing is fairly apparent is that he is not beholden to the EU in the way implied. As for the BBC, well that is beyond belief although you obviously do.

So who is arrogant then?

Sorry to see this all becoming too personal and aggressive! It really is a shame. But one thing I do find really strange is people putting up posts saying they cant be bothered etc etc its all rubbish when they obviously do care! Strange! Similarly it I sad to see people blog that they don’t care as they are old and as long as their kids are ok that’s all that matters. Not the best spirit in the world! We would not be here now if that had been the prevailing attitude in 1939. If nothing else with the EU we have as a collective bunch not had any wars or fallings out since then! As Edmund Burke said …it only takes good men to do nothing …"

Open your eyes and your minds and do some research for yourselves. Your arrogance is incredible. There is plenty of documented evidence of everything I have written in my previous post - you just have to look (try Google to begin with, it's quite amazing, the amount of information to be found on the internet).
I don't have the time or the inclination to come on this site very often, as people like you Brian Milne and you John Scully, with your pompous attitudes make it very unenjoyable indeed.
Anyway, good luck with your research, and I hope you come back on here and apologise to me when you find out that I, and many others, actually do know what we're talking about.

When I hear/read 'I couldn't be bothered..' and then see things like the BBC funded by EU I spot a lost cause and can't be bothered to discuss because I depend on facts I gather, comprehend, analyse then either use them as they should be used or extrapolate an opinion out of them. Knowing that that is not actually difficult but might take a little time, the 'couldn't be bothered' bit has forewarned me I would be wasting my time. My father trained me very well, he having been a championship standard 'couldn't be bothered' man, which since we never really got on, showed me what a waste of time really means.

Sadly Brian you are correct and I did come across folk with these ideas in the early seventies, which I think was more understandable, but not recently. I find it difficult to grasp that anybody could be so far removed from reality.

People do believe these things John. It shows however much objective, detailed information there is that they are simply not used or taken in thus people form such beliefs and will not be budged, I am afraid that for many of them there is going to be a serious disappointment and their bubble well and truly burst either way.

Carol are just having a laugh or do really believe that?

Perhaps for many it is that they do not like David Cameron.

Many older people in Uk declare that there is not enough schools and

not enough housing!

But if those who think about things more deeply will realise that it is all

about lack of good leadership and all that goes with it.

Having lived in London I saw many, many things go wrong

within the housing situation which could have been avoided if

local government was interested.

It is about recruiting the right commrads.

I couldn't be bothered to read the article. All I know is that Cameron didn't get any deal. Everything that Merkel and Junker are offering, will be revoked very soon after our decision to remain (or at the very least; 7 years down the line)......The 'remain' campaign is funded by the E.U. The BBC are funded by the E.U. The 'Out' campaign cabinet members are to be denied access to vital documents that the 'In' campaign members have access to (sooo undemocratic)!......The whole thing is a mega corrupt exercise by the E.U., to make us believe it is better to remain. It's a disgusting con by those who want our sovereignty, our democracy, our money and our power. Vote to leave this federal monster. I have no children and I live in France, but I will set aside my own needs for the sake of everyone's children and grand-children, and for the country that I 'once' loved.
I won't argue this point, as I am off to bed now...I just want to be heard.

I think there are a lot of these things around. Perhaps we should begin to compile them in a single file or folder then begin to bombard the likes of BoJo, Gove, IDS and other Brexiters to demand responses...

I was interested to read the following comments http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/mythbusters - maybe it should be mandatory reading for all in the brexit campaign ...

The trouble is people who know already appear to be those who have made up their minds they don't like the EU. Informed pro people probably do not need these things, but there is never too much info, so no harm. No undecideds are the ones to get these things across to but then they have to want to... That is the hard bit.

rather liked this concise view, oh and on a purely selfish note, the fact that my business is at risk.

http://www.andywilliamson.com/10-points-to-consider-about-brexit-and-the-eu-referendum/

Both of the things linked are invaluable but jut how many people actually read anything? When one reads some of the emotional anti-EU comments in the press then every imaginable misconception and media generated lie becomes their truth. To even concede Cameron got anything is to partially admit their spurious arguments carry no substance, less at least. If one simply looks at how Farage responded with obvious and often very stupid Twitter 'sound bites' throughout Cameron's speech yesterday one gets to have better insights into the degree of irrationality and refusal to accept anything other than their one sided ignorant presentation of the monster they believe the EU is.

At the same time, either a yes vote will see the UK stay in and then Cameron's concessions that have been discussed but not gained because they need to be unanimously voted for to be accepted swept under the carpet or they are of no consequence if the UK leaves. Ultimately he did not even gain time. There may indeed be merits in these as yet notional concessions but then most member states know the EU needs sweeping changes that will come soon anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208416889083920&set=a.1840221049402.104995.1356830558&type=3
Thought this article made some excellent points.