Speed Camera Blackspots in France (Guest Blog)

Interesting, I know that camera well - what the report fails to mention is that it is also situated on the main motorway between the Alps and Geneva airport. At just 20 mins from the airport, I assume that must contribute to the number of people speeding past it in a last dash to reach the airport on time. I was a transfer driver there for three years and drove past it about 3 times a day and can attest to seeing it flash regularly at rental cars. Unfortunately number 44 on the list is on the same route so if one didn't get you the other one generally did, including a high proportion of foreign cars.

There is also a Swiss camera on departure from the airport and I received a fine 22 months afterwards, even though I was in a French company car - annoying as it was far too long afterwards to argue I wasn't driving.

I know of a speed camera in a village called Malbuisson, on the D201 that goes over the hill from Annecy to St Julien, and it's in a 50km limit. There's another on the A41 a little north of Annecy if I remember right, but there the limit is 130. I'm confused by a limit of 50kmh on the A41, which after all is autoroute. Strange.