Speeding fine - points on licence

Nope… French and here in France… must be about 5 years ago… (I time everything before or after 3 years of Covid… aaargh)

1 Like

ok…convinced…I take my medicine…down to 11 points now…when does it get put back on?
Presumably once I declare I was the driver they send another request for payment?
…this time to me?

1 Like

Got caught doing 88 in an 80 zone end of May this year. Paid 45 euro fine and advised that a letter would arrive later to confirm 1 point woukd be deducted. Letter arrived late August confirming the 1 point deduction and a note saying it will be reinstated in December this year providing I dont pick up any more points by then

There’s no such thing as a provisional licence in France.

There is something that superficially appears similar called conduite accompagnée where you drive with a max of 2 named people, but you still need 20 hours of practical lessons and to have passed the theory exam first.

If you didn’t do conduite accompagnée but the classic ‘just driving school’ route, in the last couple of weeks before your test you can do a bit of driving with a specific named person.

I have put 3 of my children so far through the driving test here, the most recent got her licence 9 days ago :slightly_smiling_face: so AMA.

1 Like