State v Government pension on tax forms

Best go to the tax office and get it from the horses mouth me thinks…

Do I take it that you have no references to back up your previous opinion? You make your first tax return in the May/June of the year following your arrival. Arrive in 2017, first return in 2018.

2 Likes

David… as I think we all agree… going along and discussing with the Tax Office…is a good start.

That’s a good idea Stella but it is important to stress that David is correct.

1 Like

Hi folks… David is absolutely right… New Arrivals should go down to the Tax Office asap…they are friendly folk and will advise you on what info they want… and when they want it .:grinning:

From the horse’s mouth:

JE VIENS OU JE REVIENS EN FRANCE, COMMENT ET QUELS REVENUS DOIS-JE DÉCLARER ?

Vous n’étiez pas connu de l’administration fiscale française lorsque vous résidiez à l’étranger
Lorsque vous résidiez à l’étranger, vous ne disposiez plus de revenus de source française imposables en France et n’avez donc déclaré aucun revenu en France.

L’année (N+1) qui suit celle de votre retour (année N), vous devrez déposer une déclaration de revenus n°2042 et les annexes éventuelles en fonction des revenus perçus (déclaration de revenus fonciers n° 2044, déclaration des revenus encaissés à l’étranger n° 2047, …, téléchargeables sur le site impots.gouv.fr) auprès du service des impôts de votre domicile en France indiquant les revenus français imposables en France que vous avez perçus depuis la date de votre retour jusqu’au 31 décembre N.

Pour plus de précisions, reportez-vous à la rubrique Particulier de la fiscalité française.

There really isn’t any great mystery, the rules are very simple.

2 Likes

Do you need me to beg forgiveness David?
Maybe I got it wrong… get over it - life is too shlrt.