Stereo balance between Echo Dot speakers

I agree - people worry too much about data privacy - providing one takes sensible precautions and keep the important stuff safe such as banking details etc., not sure what Alexa or Amazon can get from the speakers that would constitute a threat. Life’s too short…

1 Like

Yes Corona, I think it would be very appropriate and it can be very useful to be a bit paranoid regarding the internet. We each have to make own own judgment as to where the risk is. I do not hold Amazon’s business ethics in very high regard but in my experience their customer service is second to none and as for their security, I can think of far more dodgy sites to be involved with.

I think nowadays with so many folks detailing their lives so explicitly on the net there are bound to be issues with folks getting into some type of deep water one way or another. There are risks out there of course, but as always, I think a pragmatic common sense approach normally helps avoid the worst that the net can offer. Famous last words………I hope not :grin:

1 Like