Suggestions for Quality dual shower: head and hand held

Likewise cars, they always go wrong eventually so I just walk everywhere.

2 Likes

Having now, finally started to look properly, of course you are right Mark. In theory, we only need to replace the thermostatic mixers. But not sure how easy that is going to be. For example, one of our showers has a mixer that is rectangular, feeding into a square riser with a square shower head.

May I check first of all, do all thermostatic mixers have the same distance between the hot and cold water inlets?

As far as I know, it’s a fairly standard measurement - 150 mm ? (but easy to check). We used to have a square profile mixer, but the outlet was round (with a standard round screw on fitting)

1 Like

Most are now 150mm but there are odd ones out there. Also adapters to make older versions fit even if they are a bit of a fiddle to fix, loctite keeps them in place.

@Mark @Corona Thank you both. One less thing to worry about.

1 Like

In the end decided to go for complete new showers. The type of mixer we needed - with a column connection and a handheld connection tended not to be available in store, so we couldn’t see what they were like.
OH bought a Hansgrohe and I bought a Cooke & Lewis (for 100€ less!). Both work just fine but the plumber did say the Hansgrohe was better quality and easier to fit.

1 Like

Hello everyone, super post. I just rebuilt the shower column. I ended with Olliwon on amazon as it actually had some metal in it. So far so good. Most important could remove the flow reducer meaning actually rinses our shampoo. I bought grohe for kitchen and it’s good although as said already on the premium price side. That being said I fixed the old tap with a part ordered from Italy for 10€. So if anyone wants a sensor function kitchen sink Italian tap let me know.