Suppliers of Spices

We find that online websites are very expensive - you need to work out the price by kg to get an idea. We tend to buy our spices from markets and also we’re not too far from Spain or from Marseille where the spice markets are brilliant. You need to store the spices in airtight containers and somewhere cool. One of the things I do miss from the UK Luckily we also have a couple of good Asian shops in Nîmes which are ver good. If you’re near Bordeaux, the area near the markets also sell authentic stuff.

1 Like

Ooooh, which are they ? It’s not that far for me on the train, and a very interesting city so I intend to visit at least 2 or 3 times next year. Was going to go this year for the Roman festival and had tickets for the spectacle in the amphitheatre but the OHs knee collapsed and she can’t walk very far now. Knee replacement is imminent.

@hairbear
The two shops are:

[Asian store +33 6 58 96 42 03 https://maps.app.goo.gl/3kvuvpZHjgh69SoH9?g_st=ic]

and

[Asia’N Shop +33 4 66 38 39 68 https://maps.app.goo.gl/fBfCDwi9f3hGA43F9?g_st=ic]

The amphitheater is really good. We went to see the Gladiator in June where the Montpellier philharmonic orchestra played all the music live. Fantastic experience.

Hope you enjoy the two shops,
Yogesh

1 Like

Asia’N Shop also has an online store, which I’ll look at in the morning. I’ll try to get to the stores themselves when I’m next in Nimes.

Like Angela we also like to order in bulk. We used to order from spices of India but was caught out badly once by the sell by date. Since being in France we have made one order with Ekirana. The good thing about them is they give the sell by date before you place the order. The Spanish paprika we’ve always had to order separately

2 Likes

I’m particularly intereted in Spansih paprika. Have you usually got yours from somewhere else ?

We ordered 6 boxes of la chinata from PiccantinoFrance. They had a very good sell by date, cost 20 euros and arrived within 4 days which I think is pretty good. Like you we used to have great difficulty in finding a supplier so we were very pleased to find them. Next time we’ll try some of their other spices.

1 Like

Mark any chance of a referral?

15% just came up for you and me.
h15t0r1an on the uk version of yahoo. I will edit this line out in a while

As and when I get to travel again I’ll be following up some of the places for Asian spices kindly mentioned by posters on this thread too.