Survive UK

UK law requires that any personal medical records made by the NHS MUST be retained for a minimum of twelve years . This applies to private healthcare providers and employers using medical records as well.

So less than 12 years and they should not have done this! I got a complete copy of my records before I left the UK.

2 Likes

I don’t wish to answer the question directly as I might incriminate myself. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello… @ROUSSELOT_Joyce_Ann

do you seriously mean that, although you live fulltime in France some French Holiday Insurance Companies will not cover you for when you visit UK… ???

Please can you tell us which companies these are… ???

I was very surprised,it’s ACS, generally one of the best ones : Our travel and expatriation insurance contracts do not cover people in their country of origin. If you have a dual citizenship, please modify your nationality in the search criteria.

For more information, please contact our customer service.

I’m sure you are right, It’s just my geriatric memory- could have been 12 or 5 -quien sabe !

must confess I’ve never heard of this insurance company…

for travel from France to UK and back again… why not use a French insurance company… ???

I asked Fabien about travel insurance. He said the French insurers were all very expensive, and I should try a British insurer.

so, who worked best for you ???

Up to now Europesure, but I’ve just been diagnosed with high blood pressure, and, like most of them, they don’t cover pre-existing conditions, so I’ll probably have to go with Staysure, who ask you about them and charge more for covering them.

What is there to cover with high blood pressure, or does that mean they wont cover things like heart attacks?

1 Like

Yes I use them - they are charging me £37.68 for a week in France, comprehensive cover with unlimited emergency and repatriation cover. 20% of that is the UK’s iniquitous “Insurance Premium Tax” which disincentivises people to take out sensible insurance cover.

That’s with high BP, high cholesterol and mild asthma (I am a walking wreck :smiley: )

I don’t know what they are like at settling claims but Staysure were highly recommended by my travel agent bloke whose judgement I trust.

I guess if undiagnosed and undeclared it could mean a heart attack or stroke?

I remember when my brother was a diving instructor they had a guest who had a heart attack underwater and died before they could get him to shore - he had lied on the dive centre’s paperwork about his medical conditions.

1 Like

I’ve started a new thread asking folk resident in France… what travel/health Insurance they take out for visiting UK… (I’d want repatriation to France !)

possibly something which many don’t bother with… a quick flit to UK… waving S1 if necessary ;)… but I’m a belt and braces person… :wink: :wink:

I would want a bit of clarification before I parted with any money, they may refuse just about anything as the arterial and venal system covers all the body.

The questions Staysure ask are quite specific - they ask if you are on medication and for what, and want to know if your meds have been increased in the last 6 months, plus if you have had any hospital stays etc. so I think they have a pretty good idea of the risks they are being asked to cover.

They state:

We are pleased to confirm that your Staysure travel insurance policy has been extended to provide full cover for any claims arising as a result of the above declared medical conditions under the normal terms and conditions of your policy - including any medical emergency.

Claims arising either directly or indirectly as a result of any Pre-existing Medical Conditions (as defined in the policy) of an insured person are covered only when a declaration specifically agreeing to this has been issued and the appropriate additional premium paid

In Paris - https://www.acs-ami.com/