Sustainable Clothing

I was in Riberac last Friday buying pottery :blush:

1 Like

It was the year of the great heat wave and the grannies left to die in Paris.
We were house hunting. I remember a house we wanted to see but the lady wouldn’t let us have a viewing.
Remembering the days is much more difficult nowadays as they are all much of a muchness.

2 Likes

2003 !!! It was the year of some wonderful wine… still got a few bottles… which we will enjoy with friends when we can all get together.

2005 was almost as good… but not quite… so we’ve drunk those bottles (all by ourselves… hic) during the past few months…

1 Like

Quite right, anything that makes the lockdown periods more bearable.

We are having our first barbecue today.
I have boned out a leg of lamb and have frozen half and butterflied the other half with natural yoghurt mixed with garlic, ginger, pepper and salt.
It is just absorbing the flavours lightly covered in the kitchen ready for lunch.

5 Likes

You wouldn’t do that here :relaxed: the cat would knock it off the worktop so her and the dog could enjoy it together, she is not selfish that way.

5 Likes

No cat and an obedient dog.

Our dog is pretty obedient too, she would just say the cat did it and she was just clearing up the mess :yum:
We don’t often get great lamb here, they don’t have it very often.

2 Likes

It had not been long since the war ended and things were still hard to get so you had to darn/repair. The last thing to stop being rationed were sweets.

That’s a shame, there used to be good quality local product in the Sarthe…

We would stay with a farming family near Le Mans… every year, for about 15 years…
but not been there now for quite some time… and, yes, things do change.

NZ.NZ.
six characters to satisfy the pedant who thought up this rule.

Don’t need it. Just slow roast it - always absolutely delicious.

We don’t like fatty lamb which we tend to get here, I prefer rump or cutlets.

Well, I did see a young woman with a coordinated silk mask the other day…

2 Likes

They seem to be quite popular, I understand!

When you played in my toy shop you had a pretend ration book!

1 Like

I have seen entire families with coordinated masks. I tend to assume they are Parisians :grin:.

1 Like

:scream_cat: I tend to concur…current family in gîte have very chic masks and they are 75’s…

1 Like

Since the recommendation to wear 2 masks, all my ‘couture’ (ie. old duvet cover) masks have been converted to over-masks with electrical wire to stop steamed-up glasses. Waste not, want not. :grin:

1 Like

Do you wear them over a medical one, or just use two of the fabric ones @amanda1