Taking CPAM to the Tribunal Judicial

Hi All Finally a phone call from CPAM. It turns out that the Committee that decides on eligibility for drugs meets only once a month. And they have a large backlog. So they have not yet made a decision.

In order to be able to contest a negative decision we should take them to the tribunal as if we do not do it before the 3rd Dec we would loose our right to contest a negative decision.

So now to compose a letter o the tribunal.

Regards

Nick

1 Like

Hurray. progress.
Good Luck.
One would have thought that with such a backlog that they would meet more often.
But, of course, that is common sense.

This is hard to understand. Does the deadline for contesting a decision, not depend on the date of the decision? What if no decision has been made by 3 December? You cannot be expected to contest a negative decision before it has been made?

This is CPAM who seem to be a law unto themselves.

Yes they are very contradictory. Things are approved if you hear nothing. Things are rejected if you hear nothing and then they can’t keep to their own timeframes and unless you keep prodding them they tell you nothing.

When you contest a decision you have two months for them to reply if they don’t you can assume it is refused and then you have two months to take them to the Tribunal Judiciar.

I suppose I was lucky in that someone phoned to say they couldn’t keep to their own time frame and If I did not take it to the tribunal I might run out of time to do that.

Although the Tribunal might be unnecessary as they might agree to the drug.

All a bit Kafkaesque :exploding_head:

We are making progress, at least with taking CPAM to the Tribunal. As the facts are self evident ( ie letters from the doctors to say I cannot take the cheaper drugs) we have opted not to be at the Tribunal or be represented. I have even be able to opt for the Tribunal to talk to me by email.

The Greffe du tribunal ( who I understand is the collator of the paperwork) was easy to contact and answered all of our questions.

1 Like

Good luck and best wishes! Not turning up and no representation might make me nervous, though as you say the email channel is there - was it possible to do zoom / teams with the hearing panel? Can you share when the hearing is?

Hi

Just been in touch with the tribunal, talking to the Greff. Looks as though the Tribunal will not be for a year!

So now for plan B my Medicine Interne had offered to do what the Cardiologue has so far failed to do. She is very efficient so I think a letter to her asking her to complete the demande d,accord préalable. Hopefully she will do it to the satisfaction of CPAM.

Regards

Nick

3 Likes

Plan B worked, my Medicine Intern was happy to fill out the form to our instructions. It was approved by CPAM so I am now dropping the Tribunal.

All a bit stupid really all the Cardiologist had to do was fill out the form properly but he kept submitting incomplete forms to CPAM. But why they could not contact him and get it correctly filled in I do not know.

Regards

Nick

6 Likes

phew… glad it’s sorted… well done.

Wow, so glad you got a result, this thread was making me nervous just reading it!

Especially as I also take pills for cholesterol and high BP (though so far my interior clockwork is happy with the boring cheap drugs…)

is your Doctor prescribing these “cheap” drugs and have you discussed this with him/her?

Yes of course - I am taking atorvastatin lercanidipine and losartan whcih are the most common medications for high BP and cholesterol all prescribed by my doctor.

I was using “boring cheap” as an ironic commentary on the expensive special drugs that Nick needs. :slight_smile:

1 Like