Tattooing - love it or hate it - and Thoughts about a Blog

https://www.google.fr/search?q=worst+tattoos+ever&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitpei4yLLbAhWDxxQKHdbVD0oQsAQIKA&biw=1920&bih=949

check out some of these “Amazing” tattoos

1 Like

Yes, Harry… when you see some of the ghastly stuff that gets done…it makes the really good work stand out even more… :grin:

Sorry Stella, I think they are all 'orrible, but as long as it’s freely inflicted on others, not me thats fine :slightly_smiling_face:

No need to apologize … I would never have one myself…but some are obviously better workmanship than others… and, as I have said, there is a real demand and it pays well… which means this young tattooist is able to support herself and her family, so I salute her and wish her well.

2 Likes

Ugly…so very ugly.

1 Like

There’s some astoundingly beautiful tattoos out there, just google ‘Watercolour Tattoos’. However, as someone with a rose on my shoulder (rebellious teenager) I can say that the colour dulls with time and as the skin stretches as the body changes. So some of these detailed fine line drawings will blur into a grey-green over time. But to each his own. I have no problem with tattoos or body mods of any kind, but object when they stop the wearer being able to be a productive member of society and paying his or her way. and subsequently falling on the taxpayer to subside their lifestyle because they can’t get a job due to their visible tattoos.

2 Likes

I have several pieces of her artwork on my walls… and that is where I prefer them. :relaxed: but she has to make a living… so…

3 Likes

Very good!
Reminds me of ‘Clio’, a wee Italian Greyhound I had years ago

The finished portrait was even better than it shows here… you could swear the dog was breathing … :wink:

1 Like

There is some amazing art out there but I do not like to see it on peoples skin.

1 Like

My friend did a “tattoo” (fake) on a young boy who has a terminal illness… he spent ages choosing which one he wanted… a lion and a tiger in beautiful colours… and she was delighted to see the pleasure her work gave him

“Although Jack will not reach the age to get a tattoo, it was on his bucket list… So today he gave me the honour of drawing one on using Sharpies and face paint. He’s an incredibly brave boy who raises money for @thetmdteam to help them help other children.”

http://www.taylormadedreams.net/

3 Likes

She is extremely talented Stella…I love tattoos and have many but there are many “scratchers” out there who give the profession a bad name…Her work really is beautiful and she sounds a beautiful soul too…:heart:

Hi Helen… yes she is a lovely person… had some serious knocks in her young life, but has come shining through…:relaxed:

1 Like

I’m having my first one tomorrow and , YES, I am fully aware it’s a mid-life crisis :crazy_face: but the decision is made!

It’s going to be a 14 cm Concorde aircraft flying up my lower back (well…I say back…). I may post if it turns out well. If it doesn’t then - apologies for getting you all worked up :wink:

4 Likes

Go for it and show it off, is it going to be on full afterburner?:sunglasses:

1 Like

LOL - position wise, I don’t think that’s going to work @Mark :smile:

As long as it’s not flying down your back then it should be fine :wink:

I rather thought that you may have gone for a golfer and a hole in one :innocent::rofl::rofl: :golf::golf::golfing_man:

2 Likes

Of course it will work, tattooists can be quite creative :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Mark - have you got any, if so - any healing tips ? I’m a wooz…and I don’t want it to adversely affect my modelling career… :wink:

1 Like