Tempo couleur du jour - thread paused until 01/11/2024 šŸ˜Ž

I had the same 6-6h ?

So is the Tempo tarif available from other energy suppliers? I thought it was just an EDF thing.

Itā€™s certainly available with Soregies who supply Vienne/86. I donā€™t know about other suppliers though.

I too get EDF message about 11am. Can you check EDFā€™s website? They may give the info earlier.

Yes, seems the wording has changed slightly since last year but is correct, that is when each day runs, so your red 24 hours starts and finishes at 6am.

But even within the red hours thereā€™s heures pleines and heures creuses.

1 Like

They hide that info away dont they? I never knew before, always assumed it was from midnight.

1 Like

I canā€™t find a way to do that without an EDF account. Iā€™ve found many 3rd Party websites who offer to send you notifications but I always prefer to hear from the actual provider. Any links to a EDF alert for non-subscribers will be gratefully received.

I did once ask EDFā€™s Tempo team how the next days colour is selected. The agent sort of laughed, and said something to the effect that ā€˜itā€™s the Paris weather of courseā€™. Total speculation on my part, but I tentatively assume that since the aim of the exercise is to reduce usage on particular days; it makes some sense to work out where the largest populations of potential users are, eg Ile de France etc, and to model what the impact of particularly low temperatures might be on that type of populationā€¦

1 Like

They are completely up front about it, if you donā€™t know, then you just need to ask the question. It is dangerous to assume.

So, red today, white tomorrow.

Anyone can check this for themselves btw. Just go to this website & bookmark it, then refresh it over breakfastā€¦

Just be aware that the calendar doesnā€™t always update in sync with the daily announcement.

EDIT - graphic removed. Go to more recent post for the latest.

TBH Iā€™d never really thought about it as since Iā€™ve been on tempo Iā€™ve never had a red day.

My energy provider isnā€™t. They simply talk about red, white and blue days but do not mention anywhere (that I have found) that in their world, a day runs from 06.00 to 05.59.

And as a day is commonly reckoned to run from 00.00 to 23.59, why would it occur to ask for their definition?

Edited to add: I finally found the relevant page in my providerā€™s website that lists the operational hours - 06.00-22.00-05.59. it was well hidden away though, and I couldnā€™t find a way to access it through the siteā€™s menus.

It was a thorough Google search finally took me to the correct pageā€¦

It does make sense I suppose otherwise the HC rate could change at midnight

@KarenLot fortunately itā€™s been sunny over the last couple of days so the bluettiā€™s are well stocked up for todayā€™s red day. Before I left for the UK, when we had a few cloudy days I did struggle a bit, so recently ordered an additional 2kwhr battery to supplement what I have, and this should happily take me through, combined with the other batteriesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.I hope :crossed_fingers: A bit of a blessing to have so much sun here.

One project I did start just before leaving for the UK, was to start constructing a couple of adjustable frames to hold the solar panels, as I need to make sure the angle is optimized for the low level Winter sun - this makes quite a difference to the output of the panels.

2 Likes

@JaneJones when I was first looking at potentially transferring to tempo I created a relatively simple xl spreadsheet to simulate the difference between the standard and tempo tariffs. That worked for me, and a couple of friends who have completely different usage patterns also used it and it appears to have also worked for them. Happy to share it with you if youā€™re interested.

Hi @letsmile , and welcome back to France after what must have been a difficult time back in the U.Kā€¦ Can I ask you what Bluetti storage devices you have and what you think of them ? Iā€™m considering one for the future, not to power the house, but to power all my telescope equipment so that I can drive to really dark places overnight to improve my images.

2 Likes

what a fabulous ideaā€¦ :+1:

Indeed, but not one of mine :frowning:. Itā€™s very common amongst astrophotographers as many live in light polluted cities or towns. Itā€™s not too bad where I live, but the reversal of the decision to turn off the lights at night, coupled with the installation of white LED lights has made it worse than it was.

Red days are November to March, but mostly December to February, very few in November or March.