Tempo for Gite?

fair enough…
so long as there aren’t cuts in Season… if I were renting a gite, I might not take kindly to being told the electrics would be OFF…

Tempo doesn’t cut off your electricity Stella - there are just 22 days a year where it is super expensive, 43 where it is quite expensive and 300 where it is cheap.
It is up to you to decide what you want to use: on a red day if you decide to use a lot of electricity you will pay through the nose, but you can also decide not to use much.

2 Likes

As Vero has posted, Tempo users don’t get cut off on Red Days, they just pay 4x the price for peak hour electricity compared to a Blue Day.

fair enough…
Thus, if a red day falls during a rental period… the owner will have to allow for higher charges within the rental rates… 'cos you can bet that a holidaymaker will want to use the electrics no matter what…

1 Like

From what others have said above that certainly won’t be an issue for me. I don’t open at Christmas/New Year and my season is April to October. Where it might affect us is if we decamp to the cottage while we have work done on the house during the winter months. Also, March is when I go in and clean the place totally from top to bottom and do any minor repairs. There are some days when I have the hoover going for hours. So I’d need to be aware of the red days for myself. Four or five red days on the trot in March would be a real pain.
Do I gather though that it is only red DAYS and not nights as well? At least I could have the washing machine and the dishwasher going at night if that’s the case.

No a red ‘day’ is from 6am until 6 am, so if you find out at 7pm on the 10th, say, that next day is red you have until 6 am on the 11th to wash dry iron hoover etc. Then cheap rate is 10pm on the 11th until 6 am on the 12th.
Sundays are always blue and there’s a maximum of 5 red days on the trot.
If you have tempo there are actually 6 rates, red high and low, white high and low, blue high and low.

1 Like

We have had Tempo for some years. Our house was a gite during summer and our winter house, so we had the benefit of the cheap electricity to run the two hot tanks and the pool during summer, and then did our best to cut down on the red days during winter ( no dishwasher , washing machine or oven during the day - the heures creuse rate is more reasonable). The only problem is when the red days carried on for a week, as they can. When we had tempo, the red days only occurred between November and end of March. If that still applies, then it would not be a problem for your gite.

1 Like