The Art of Keeping the Stove going overnight

Maybe not the same on but It certainly looks very similar. It is a fair bit cheaper though so worth a punt.

It's ok and it still works even after it had warped, but it's just not as well fabricated as the Valaint.

I have one of those as well Debra, and if you read my review you'll see why I don't recommend it!

Stove top fans work. They really distribute the heat. Ours was bought in Germany where people have used them for years and cost me about €50, same type go at over €80 here on Amazon. They may be fun when the obligatory smoke detectors are in given how smoke comes out in clouds when we put logs in... That we shall see.

12 steres is a lot of wood. We buy eight a year (2m lengths is cheapest). Six weeks in and probably until Christmas we are using last year's reserve. We use a lot with a Rayburn running central heating, hot water and cook with it often plus a huge open fire.

Overnight. Easy. Keep some logs outside but under something above them, do not bother about the sides. It needs to be this year's delivery. The logs keep enough damp in them to smoulder all night rather than burn hot. All dampers closed of course. Then practice makes perfect - well nearly, usually anyway. I load up after 2200 before bed but am up around 0530, 0600 if I have a lay in. A handful of kindling, dampers opened and in a couple of minutes one of the dry logs that has preferably sat by the stove over night gets it up to speed.

Yes they absolutely do work Mike. You can order one using the link here. Let's see a picture of your stoves then...!