The greatest recording artists .....your choice

1 Like

Distraction from all things B****t

1 Like

Iā€™m not particularly a fan of orchestral music, nor opera but I am a fan a Sergio Leoneā€™s films and this is brilliant

4 Likes

Great funā€¦

and I spotted a chap playing the ocarina and that did bring back many memoriesā€¦ I had one as a child and used to take it with me almost everywhereā€¦ making a lot of noise as I taught myself to play itā€¦

We loved Jake Thackray and went to see him live several times.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad weā€™ve found some common ground Jane :slight_smile: my mate saw him a few times whilst at uni in Leeds in the mid 80ā€™s.
Another chap I knew from school made a bronze bust of Mr Thackray , when trying to carve out a new career as a sculptorā€¦no pun intended.

The ā€˜Black Stratā€™ sold for Ā£3.13mā€¦must admit I hadnā€™t expected to pay quite that amount. Will have to cut down on the Champagne and Caviar for a while.

2 Likes

I only paid a Ā£5 for my guitar - it was second hand but did not have a noble heritage :rofl:

Iā€™ve got my dadā€™s violin in storage. He asked me to look after it about 15 years ago after my cousin asked if she could have it when he died!
Heā€™s still very much alive and as he has 6 children he has no intention of giving it to his niece.
Anyway when we were packing the house up my son looked it up and told my husband that itā€™s actually worth a bit.
I wasnā€™t there so I donā€™t know if itā€™s a Ā£100 or several hundred but I suppose to find it online it canā€™t be too bad.
Iā€™d better rescue it next time Iā€™m in the UK.

1 Like

Family items with their memories/associations are priceless. Grab it and keep it safe for your Dad. :hugs:

1 Like

So it was you who outbid meā€¦I was prepared to go for 3.5

2 Likes

I wonder if some of the forum members could get together and form a Forum Musical Group - sounds like a number of you have some serious talent :upside_down_face::thinking::grinning:

Sadly, only one of those words describes my guitar playingā€¦:thinking:

Modern French punkā€¦by all accounts

I prefer thisā€¦ but each to his own

1 Like