There's a new sheriff in Forex Town!

Just to say I transferred a largish amount today (flash new car sort of amount, but not for that purpose) and torfx gave much the best rate

I have transferred large and small sums with Transferwise and they have been excellent and very quick and far better than any other FX company I have searched. I did use MoneyCorp until SFN suggested Transferwise and I have not looked back since.

Additionally, once you complete and press the send button, I then go back into my transfer request and apply for the higher rate. It may take a while longer but so far it has worked. Thoroughly recommend them

Hope you all cashed in on the great rate today?!

By the way, for larger transfers speak to Will at TORFX, he is SFN's relationship manager.

You can find him here or go directly to their site here or email him here will.hewitson@torfx.com

Please mention SFN when talking to him as we do get a small renumeration for the referral.

Thanks

Just had my confirmation email and the final rate of exchange was 1.3388 - so even better. Highly recommend Transferwise for anyone who has not tried them so far.

@ Howard Perry yes I asked them, I use TorFX, seem good enough but wanted a comparison Co.

hello folks. I have just tried to talk to my husband about this. We have an account with Currency Solutions and he reckons we should just stay with them. We haven’t transferred any money for a while although my pension of £800 has been going into a UK account since September plus we have about £25,000 funds sitting there. Does anyone know if we should be considering switching to Transferwise and should we wait?

MoneyCorp are doing 1.34 today for those from UK buying property in France

@Linda Lombard

Have you asked them? Perhaps they can recommend someone who does.

I have used Transferwise for the last 5 months and they are very easy and for recommending 3 people you get £100. A great thing about them is that you can say how much you want the recipient to get and they pay that exact amount. Highly recommended.

Just transferred our first amount with them, from recommendations on this site, and received €1.337...overall, calculated at today's rate, on our smaller transfers of £500 we will save up to €50 monthly (cafe-hops for us) on our usual, so WELL DONE Survive France for spotlighting this...hope you're getting something from the company in recognition of bringing them to the fore ahead of the many other FX companies out there.

We're now considering bringing over here a lump sum of £15K, and if anyone out there has good ideas of where to put it for the best interest rate (no need for instant access, but within 28 days would be good) I'd be grateful for their input.

Not the best out there: For 10K GBP its 1.33 with World First at 13:03 French time on the 23rd Jan '14

Pity they dont transfer to SA though!

Bugger I exchanged on Saturday got just over 1.30 should have waited. Also would like to say if you have not tried transfer wise you really should"

Before we all get too rapturous remember that if your income is earned abroad and then transferred to France then Mr Hollande will be the beneficiary of a substantial part of this better and increasing rate. I have heard a forecast that it will go as far as 1.39. Also bear in mind that if you ow property that has increased in value abroad and then that is multiplied by the new rate then it may well bring you into ISF territory which is yet another tax to think about in France. That is why the rich French are leaving!

Just transferred to French bank account - rate 1.33. Great service too, sometimes money arrives same day but never longer that 48 hours.

Roger - as I mentioned earlier, we use them nearly every month, and last time we transferred money from the UK to France, it was in our French bank account the very same day! :)

Yesterday I found that I needed to do a transfer - GBP --> EUR, so finally "bit the bullet" and decided to give TransferWise a try. Just checked, and it's ALREADY in the Credit Agricole account. WOW! VERY impressed.

Yep, I get your logic James.

The past four times I have done transfers I have check TorFX, Moneycorp and TransferWise and each time TransferWise has come out the best rate.

I would contact my broker at TORFX as well for sums over 5k. Just to secure the best rate possible. Brokers will no be able to compete with TransferWise under 5k but over that amount there is more leeway.

Why a limit on 5k?

I get paid in Euros as I work in Belgium but when I find the rate topping 0.79 or better I dump over 12k at a time through them into GBP. The good part is if the rate drops a bit after you place your deal the you can choose to wait until the rate gets back up. Fine with me as my Belgium bank give me 0% interest anyway.

They do ask what the funds are for and I just put done School Fees each time (which is true) and get no come back/problems