Titre de séjour 2022

So I 'm just looking at the list of options from which I have to choose. I thought I would be applying for a five year titre de séjour but that option is not listed? I could just ‘other’?

Don’t you have to have annual ones for first 5 years and then you get a permanent one?

There really should be a 5 year Family member of EU citizen option…strange if it’s not on offer. You get an automatic (first) 5 years CdS from the EU, (reasonably assuming your EU wife is remaining for at least 5 years in the EU!) then you are awarded 10 year ‘permanent’ cards, that are renewable etc.

Guy Verhofstadt had an even better plan which sadly came to nothing.

To be clear, the CdS is in the gift of the member State, not the EU

From what I had understood I thought many types of French CdS are renewable annually. After five successive renewals it is your choice whether you continue to renew annually or whether you apply for a “permanent” 10 year card which is more expensive in the short term but over the long term if you intend to stay permanently would be cost effective and less hassle.

That’s exactly what I thought but I shall check it again tomorrow. It probably doesn’t matter too much what option I go for

@Sandcastle - helpfully, the EU CdS for family members of EU citizens is automatically issued for an initial 5 years, and then is followed by a series of 10 year permanent CdS. Even more helpfully both are free of charge. They have to be issued to EU citizens/family members as a ‘priority’ under standing instructions from the European Commission and French Ministry of the Interior.

Well in the end I had to make a quick choice as the available slots were disappearing so fast. So I had to choose a 10 year carte de séjour application which I know is not correct but at least I have an appointment in November. But I shall keep on checking for cancellations. Also as George said I have received an official looking letter confirming my application. So now I am trying to work out how to contact CPAM. the tax office, and customs for the import of our car. Can I just call in as I did previously or do I have to make an appointment. Or can access be gained online.

Since Covid it is rare to find a CPAM office that has a walk-in service. Look online for the details of yours, as they vary. The same with the tax office, and they will be very busy until the end of this month. With both depends what you want to do as to whether it can be done online, by phone, or if it has to be in person.

(I know nothing about cars!)

1 Like

There is tons of stuff on this already

1 Like

@anon90504988 is your go to place for help on that aspect…

1 Like

Online is a good step to check things out…
But, if you are in the vicinity… why not take a look and see if the Office (CPAM or whatever) is open and how you can get to speak with someone … there are usually notices posted explaining what’s what (at least, there are in my area…)
best of luck