Trees, neighbours and boundaries

I think the simple fact is that pretty much everyone on SF, resident or 2nd home owner loves France and would not like a new member of the club (in the wider sense of Brits in France) to have a bad experience through lack of familiarity with the nuances of the country.

Forewarned is forearmed and all that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed Paul, it’s good to hear all the positive stuff to though right?

Absolutely, and there is a lot that is positive.

1 Like

I’m glad I read these articles, Paul, real eye-openers.

I am to Peter believe me.

As I understand things… Brian is looking to grow his own stuff…do his own thing… so he does not come under any of the constraints/bureaucracy of farming… yippee… so much easier…

and a few vines would not come amiss… homemade wine… mmm… now that is a great thought… hic :wink:

1 Like

I did think about this but having looked at the work involved and the cost, and having see what we can buy it for in Carrefore we figured we will buy it and stick to veg growing! 3-7 years for a decent crop… ain’t nobody got time for that!

I sent you a photograph and an encouraging comment. You didn’t even acknowledge that.

1 Like

Not forgetting all those apple trees and cider to be had. The cherries steeped in alcohol and all those lovely recipes that the locals will want you to try ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah well… and to think we were all going to visit and “trample” the grapes… drat, another good idea down the drain…

Funnily enough… I have found an old apple-juice bottle… full of cherries steeped in something. It will be some sort of alcohol… but I’ve forgotten what… it was so long ago that I “laid them down”…

I think we’ll open the bottle at Christmas, when we have a crowd round… should be fun… at least, I hope so…

We toured the Mayenne with pals from Paris… visited an Apple Grower, who did make the most delicious cider and eau de vie in various strengths… :thinking:

I bought some of his “undrinkable” eau de vie to use in my special chocolates… It works a treat, the chocolate slightly softens the harshness of the alcohol… and the ensemble is pure heaven… :hugs:

1 Like

Well I do have two of these in the barn so maybe I’ll rethink it lol

2 Likes

Sorry I am not on here all the time so may of missed that apologies

1 Like

It was sent as a private message on 17th November.

Ann. Thank you for sending a private message to me, much appreciated. I did reply yesterday but unfortunately it keeps bouncing back. I will keep trying. Regards. Anne

1 Like

No problems Anne, we all get a touch of Gremlins in the computer at times. Only cure is a large glass of wine ! :wink:

1 Like